Tuesday, November 6, 2018

April


April 1 Easter fell on Conference Weekend this year. Jesse was on duty so I had the whole day with my boys to my self. I made an effort to have Conference Squares (Bingo Cards) for the boys to pay attention to the speakers. I got pieces of candy to use as markers. When they got a bingo and blackout they got to eat their treats. 
Easter an Conference makes my heart feel very full. Full of Gratitude. Gratitude for my SAVIOR and REDEEMER Jesus Christ. It is difficult to really grasp what He experienced and felt for, not only me, but for every person ever to live. He paid for something he had not done. He paid for sins he did not commit. Why? The answer is LOVE! A kind of love that I can only comprehend a small portion of. A kind of love so infinite that made  it possible for us to live again. A kind of love that provides the ability for me to be with these 3 boys FOREVER!!!!

 Apr 2 Spring Break-
Fifth Water Hot Springs Hike

We decided for Spring Break to make it a "STAY-CATION". Jesse had the week off and I worked very little so that we could take the boys to do activities around town. The first day we decided to take the boys to 5th water hot springs.
Back in the winter of 2005(maybe 2006?) Jesse and I hiked with some good friends (Bret & Courtney) to these springs. I was giddy to give my own boys this experience 12/13 years later.
We had a little bit of whining as we were hiking but once we got to the springs all those worries went out the window. They couldn't wait to get in.


Fynn and Cy had a bunny transfer tattoo thing on their faces from Grandma Heidi. She gave it to them for Easter. And it didn't come off for like a week.

 Apr 3 Spring Break- Jordon River Open House

The Jordon River Temple was closed for remodeling and renovations. When I found out the open house would be during the week of Spring Break I wanted to do that for sure. I like to give my boys every chance to go through the temple whenever the opportunity arises.
I got a kick out of Fynn and his little booties.
He was freezing and found refuge in grandma's jacket.

After the openhouse we took the boys to The Living Planet Aquarium. The boys have all been there before so they enjoyed giving us a tour of the place.



By far our favorite part was the Butterfly Encounter. It reminded of us our honeymoon to Florida where we went to a Butterfly Atrium during that week. I enjoy finding the moments to reminisce of fond memories. Better yet, I enjoy creating new memories with the 3 added boys in my life.
That look of awe and wonder on Fynn's face kills me.
I love his concentration joyful look.
I felt like a little kid
 Apr 5- I moved into a new salon... Again
Let me share what I recorded...
"I've been contemplating God's hand in my life especially in the last year. I've seen how much he is aware of me and LOVES me. It's humbling and uplifting.
11 months ago I had a strong prompting to move salons after working for 11.5 years in the same place. The leap of faith required took alot of trust in the Lord. And it all worked out just fine. I was able to heal and be forgiving from a terrible situation I was in at the original place. Well, one of the stylists I became friends with at my new place told me in January she was opening a salon of her own. She wanted me to come with her, but didn't pressure me. My thoughts were: I had just moved salons 9 months before that and my clients might think that I've lost my mind. But I was feeling a strong positive pull/connection to her.
So, I pondered and prayed about it for a few months and came to the conclusion I came to is this: God guided me to that salon to find her and I needed to find her so I could/should go with her to her salon.
Isn't that cool?
11 months turned into a stepping stone to a new chapter.
This past week I moved my stuff over to her new place. It's still undergoing the remodel, but it's all ok. I've felt so much peace about all of this. It confirms to me that THIS is what God intends for me right NOW! He sure is Great! I love Him for guiding me through my life and being mindful of ME!"

 Day 4 of our Spring Break Stay-Cation- Cross E Ranch
I was gushing over all the baby animals at the ranch. I think I have a little farm girl in me because I wanted to take home all the babies... even the piglets, but especially the baby goats and chicks.

Or it could have even been because the smiles on my boys faces were so genuine and joyful...



... it made my heart super happy!





Baby Nix joined us that day too. We we were tending him. He blends into our boys like he belongs.

Apr 12- Started the house remodel
Where to even start with this. A year before this even started we had been trying to figure out how to get a separate entrance for our basement apartment dug out. We started with a designer that gave us some ideas, but I was having a hard time imaging the vision of it all. After a month or so working with him he got sick or something and stopped contacting us. So we were forced to go down another road. We got a name from Jesse's old contractor boss and started to designing with that company.

I was liking the vision alot better. Basically tear down the garage, excavate down to basement level, pour a garage at that level, build back up on top of the garage making an addition onto the house. Which we decided would become a new kitchen.  We would then have a flat driveway and a separate entrance under the new porch and a new kitchen.

We were really eager to get going on this project by spring time (2017) but the whole process of designing it and getting approval with the city shocked us how long it took. Which it was Oct 28, 2017 that we got the final stamp of approval. But with winter right around the corner we decided we wouldn't break ground until Spring.

So Apr 12 was the day that we started this massive project. And Jesse is smart (insane) enough to do all the work HIMSELF!





I took a screenshot on my phone of our house from GOOGLE EARTH so that we will have a reference of it before we started. One day it'll be really cool to see the before and after picture on GOOGLE EARTH. We've talked about and wondered how often they update it. Because one day it's going to look like a totally different house.
See ho steep this driveway was? It was the worst in the winter. If it ever snowed it was impossible to get up it without 4WD. And we would worry about anyone coming over because the only way to get to the front door is to walk up that driveway. We had several people fall from the walk up/down the driveway. Including my sister Chan when she was pregnant.

Apr 14- Boys Dream
All the dirt and the excavators made fro our boys to be in love with the project from the start.


Apr 16- Got rid of the concrete from the driveway.


 Apr 17- Excavating... still

Apr 17- Spring Flag Football Started



 Apr 18
 Apr 19-
The mini excavator wasn't cutting it, so he rented a bigger one to move the dirt faster.

 Apr 20
We (I mean Jesse) ended up excavating 55 dump truck loads of dirt. There was lots left over that we had to save

 Apr 21...
These pictures reminds me of a sandbox full of tonka toys. Jesse would be operating the larger excavator, Mike in the smaller one (accompanied by Fynn) and Ryker moving dirt with the skid-steer. 


 Apr 22
We had to save some of the dirt to back-fill  for later, and the only places were in the side yard, backyard and in the front yard. It made me a little sad to see our beautiful corner that we dedicated many summers to beautify it.
Fynn likes to take his "Prince" life to the true level. He's surrounded by his lunch, snack, blankets while reading his books. How can I be mad at that cute grin on his face?
Apr 27- Cross E Ranch again for Grandma Heidi's birthday
I bought season passes to the ranch because you only have to go 2 times to get your money's worth. I knew we would wanna go to the Fall Festivities so why not. So I took Grandma Heidi on our passes to celebrate hr birthday.







Apr 28- Time for Footings.

By this point Jesse was the most stressed out I have EVER seen him. The pit was dug, but the dirt kept sloughing off and sliding down into the pit. He had been working NON-STOP. Sun up till sundown. He hardly ate. And the stress on top of all that made him loose 17 lbs in 2 weeks. He was the skinniest I had ever seen him.

This corner was the cause of most of his stress. Along with the dirt continually sloughing off in the pit. I remember one night he was SO TIRED but could not sleep. Several times I woke up to him sitting on the side of the bed with his head in his hands rocking back and forth. He was bawling. He couldn't sleep because his mind was envisioning one of he boys being in the pit and dirt falling on top of them.

Let me tell you about this corner. I was at work when it all happened so when I came home I could tell Jesse was stressed. I asked him what was wrong and he pointed at that corner. The railroad ties that you see the corner of are our neighbors retaining wall. While Jesse was digging along their property line he found a huge piece of concrete 8 ft buried down. The piece of concrete was a 6ft long piece of curb and gutter. Of course Jesse didn't know it was there until he knocked the tip of the concrete piece with the excavator scoop. Some idiot just buried it and Jesse was the lucky finder of it. Well when he hit it, the dirt around it loosened up and suddenly the dirt under the retaining wall came loose from that. Jesse stopped what he was doing.

Imagine working yourself to the bone, hardly sleeping, stressing out to the max and barely eating for 2 weeks. This is where Jesse was. Mentally, Emotionally and Physically so spent. I have never seen him cry so hard to me before. I wanted to help him. I prayed to know how I could and was inspired to call Steve Pugh. He's a friend that Jesse went to high school with but also engineered our plans.  It was early in the morning that I call him and he actually answered. I was expecting to get his voicemail, but he was awake already working outside (it was a Saturday on the 28th). I told him what was going on with the project and how distraught Jesse was about it all. I asked him to contact Jesse without telling him that I contacted him. Steve was at our house within the hour to look at the problem and walk Jesse through the plans. They had to change things up a little bit because that corner couldn't have anything else excavated around it.

We also had plans to go to the temple with the Seaman's that evening. I called Amber and told her what was going on and her husband, Tyler offered to come and help Jesse. Amber and I went to the temple alone while the boys worked.

When I got home from the temple and I walked into the pit and saw Jesse there surrounded by his dad and his two friends Tyler and Kris (who he works with) I couldn't help but feel like the pit was sanctioned. I could feel God's love for Jesse providing these good men to be his aid in a very trying time for him. I swear to you that the spirit was there. And looking back on this I can tell you that our prayers to keep that corner from falling into our yard was heard the first time we prayed for it. But we still had to go through the trying time and hold onto the hope that all would work out.
 Apr 30-
The footings passed inspection and we had gravel delivered for the large footing for the retaining wall.

I also have to mention how Fynn would watch for hours by the window (on rainy days) watching Dad work on the project. If he wasn't watching from the window he was outside playing in the middle of the dirt.

No comments: