Monday, November 5, 2018

January

Loved this picture of Fynn. He's such a silly boy and it was so great to see him playing cheerfully after he had been in the PICU.
 Ryker was in love with his hedgehog Mr. Prickles. Mr. Prickles has a bit of a grumpy streak, but Ryker took good care of him to the point that Prickles like being held by Ryker. He was determined to make Prickles like him.
 He's got a nice little set up.
 He was even around while we ate dinner.

 This is the cage that Jesse created from a dresser we found on KSL.



I still have plans to make a entire post about my friend Harmoni. She has impacted my life more than I could ever explain. But to be brief for the sake of this entry I will save the majority of story for a big post at the end.

Harm was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in Dec 2016 and started Chemo Jan 13, 2017. 
(This picture was Summer 2016 at the drive-in movie together!)



This picture was taken the day before she started Chemo. We were at the Bountiful Temple because she got sealed to her husband that night. I will forever cherish this photo. She looks like a radiating angel. So full of faith
This photo was taken at her son's mission farewell Sep 24, 2017. She had been through 6 months of chemo and a whole month of radiation and at this point she was about to start up a new kind of chemo (pill form).


Jan 14, 2018 A year after she started Chemo I made an Instagram post about my new necklace. This is what I said...
"I have been aching to go visit Harm the past few weeks , but with my entire family fighting the flu I didn't dare. When it dawned on me yesterday that it was a year ago she stated he journey I am humbled by the amount of fight this woman has put in this year. So much has changed for her but the sweet spirit that still dwells within her heart is stronger than ever. I honestly don't know how much longer before our Father in Heaven calls her home.

"I have a friend (Kellie) who designs, makes and sells coin jewelry and I asked her to make something for me that would remind me of Harmoni.

When Kellie gave it to me and explained the meaning to go with it, I knew it was perfect.

The coin has the Greek Goddess Athena on the front. Athena is the Goddess of Wisdom and War. According to Greek mythology, Athena gave the Olive Tree as a gift to the Athens people. Long after she was gone that gift still lived on. As the branches were used for structures, olives made for oil and the leaves made into crowns for the winning athletes.

The turquoise stone, especially, is known for its positive healing energy, and aid in mental functions, communications and expression and as a protector.

What a great way to think of Harmoni. Her legacy will live on, just as the Olive Tree.
The turquoise can remind me of positive energy that she has always had.

I am so grateful for the dear friend Harmoni has been to me. We have only been friends since 2011, but I honestly believe we were best friends before this life because it feels like we have been friends for a lot longer than 7 years. Cool thing is... we will be Besties Forever! And even when the time comes for her to say goodbye I know she'll continue fighting on the other side as a guardian angel!"




 Kellie made me 2 necklaces to choose from. Same coin and turquoise with it, but 2 different styles. I gave the other one to Harm when I went to see her on Jan 16. 


Jan 22 when I went to visit her, it was very emotional and tender. I could only be with her for 45 minutes, but in those few minutes together I was able to talk with her and express my love to her. My favorite moment was when she whispered to me "I love you too."

I couldn't hold back the tears that day as I fed her applesauce, a smoothie and water. I stroked her hair and stayed right by her side. She was a little more interactive that day than she was the week before.
My heart just ached for her and her family. I was so full of emotions at that time as well. Not sure how to process everything, or even know what to feel at times. What I did know and still know and feel is how much I love her and that mine and her faith kept us strong throughout that past year. And it continued to keep me strong for the next month's events.

No comments: