Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Playing Hookie Today

I had scheduled to go boating  with my family one time every month through the summer. But last two months my mom couldn't go boating because of her herniated disk in her back. The poor woman has been in so much pain and the recovery has been so much slower than expected.  But as the weather was still looking promising for mid September and my mom has been cooped up for the past 8 weeks and just aching to get out of the house, my parents suggested us taking the boys out of school for the day to enjoy one last chance on the lake. 

 Why does a day on the lake with my family just make me so happy?
 This man. My goodness. The strength he has is amazing. He had Fynn in the front of him when he was in the water and when he got standing up he pulled Fynn up onto his shoulders. All the while he's hanging onto the rope with one hand and doing all the maneuvering with the other arm. He's incredible.
 It is always so fun to get some good jumps in on my board too. I'm no pro, but I it feels good to be out there in the water. Just me and my board.
 Ryker did fantastic on the skis today too.
 I never tire of seeing these 4 boys together. They make my heart so happy.
 Since it still was a school day we had to get our reading in for the day. Cy had a tough time last year with getting him to read, but this year I showed him the Magic Tree House Books and it got him really excited and he's been loving to read.
 My mom actually sat on the beach the entire time with her white folding chair and a pillow to sit on. She's unable to twist, bend or pick anything up over 5 pounds. But she loved just soaking up the sun and watching us wakeboard and ski from the beach.
 We stopped for lunch on the beach and played in the sand. There was maybe 2 other people(boats) that we saw the whole day and we eventually had the whole beach and lake to ourselves. It was AWESOME! Plus we had the best water.
Oh such a fun fun day! I didn't want it to end.



No comments: