Monday, September 11, 2017

9/11

Jesse bought these shirts for us from a Fair they had at work to honor the Fallen Fighters from 2016. It's also in honor Patriot Day to remember 9/11/01. 
There are events that happen to us that will always be something that we will remember where we were when it happened. When the Twin Towers were struck I was a sophomore in High school sitting in my first period History Class. I remember not knowing what the twin towers even were, but knew the significance of this event. As I have grown older and every year on this day reflecting about what happened, it's humbling to think about all the people who died, served and sacrificed for others.

Now that Jesse is a firefighter I think about what it would have been like for him had he been a firefighrter in NY back then. Those men and women are true heroes and I'm proud of Jesse for being the hero to represent our family.

Happy Patriot's Day!
Thanks babe for thinking of me and buying me this cool T-shirt! Love you!

No comments: