Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Labor Day Weekend/Fynn is TWO!!!

With the unnexpected time off that Jesse had and not having gone anywhere during the summer, I really thought it would be nice to go up to Eden for Labor Day weekend. I talked with the Smith Family and 3 out of the 4 families were able to go.  I got on VRBO and found a condo that was affordable for everyone and booked it.

Saturday:
After family pictures this morning out on Antelope Island we came home packed up the food and clothes and by 4pm we were on our way up to the Condo.  Andrew and Emily weren't able to come up until Sunday night so we were meeting Mom and Dad up there. 

On our way up I found that the condo coordinator sent me an email and they upgraded us to a nicer place for free. More space and bigger rooms. Can't beat that. 

Once we found our place we got settled in our rooms and started up on dinner. Then with the little bit of daylight we had left we decided to head to the pool. 
Some how Mom and I got volunteered to blow up the pool floaties. It seemed to take forever.
But those smiles make it all worth it.
Sunday:
Fynn officially turns TWO!!! Which is totally unreal to me. Gaaa, I really hate him growing up. Knowing he's my last one every stage that is passed kills me to think he'll never do that again. I find myself really trying to soak up every giggle, smile, and new words that he says. He is constantly making us laugh at his big personality that shines through his little body. And he's way smarter than a two year old should be aloud to be.

I took this picture a week ago because I knew we wouldn't be around on his actual birthday. But I had to get a picture with the elephant.
 Also last Sunday I held an early birthday party for him with my family (since we were going to be gone over his actual birthday). Everyone came to our house for dinner, cupcakes, ice cream and presents.

For months now Fynn would bring me (or Daddy) a lighter and say "A-Burr-Day" over and over again until we would light it. We would commence in singing Happy Birthday to him and he'd blow the fire out. This would go on for several times with the song getting faster and/or shorter. The day finally came for it to be the real deal and he was THRILLED!

After 17 days off Jesse had to go back to work today. Luckily it was just down the canyon for him and he could be back up with us on Monday for Labor Day and Birthday celebrations with all of his family (minus T&T). 

We attended church this morning, then spent the rest of the day just chillin at the pool. Well Jesse accidently woke the boys up at 6:30am when his alarm went off for work. Since we are all in the same room they wouldn't go back to sleep. So I was able to take an afternoon nap while Mom took the boys to the pool. I eventually joined them after my nap. 

That evening A&E arrived with their family and we were laughing at how just adding 4 more people to the house it felt like 20. The cousins were all so excited to see each other that they were being crazy loud in the house. But it's all good. 

I made chicken curry that night for everyone. And then we put the kiddos to bed and the adults went and relaxed in the hot tub. 



Monday:
We woke up and ate a huge breakfast. Jesse made it back up to the condo which made me so happy. The girls put together our lunches and when everyone was ready, we headed over to Pineview Reservoir to have a day at the lake.

Being Labor Day we were expecting it to be packed. Since we were only planning beach time (since no one in our company had a boat) it really wasn't that bad. Yes there were tons of people on the beach (some not so nice I learned after asking to borrow a plastic knife), but we still had a good time.

Before we got dispersed in our activities I made everyone take a family pic.
These 2 are so cute together. I wonder how much mischief they will cause in the future?
Always grateful that I have a MIL and SIL that truly are some of my closest friends. They make me happy and love me for me. And when you can be yourself and not feel judged and only loved, it's quite nice!
Grandma time at it's finest.
We stayed at the lake for a few hours. When everyone had their turn on the canoe (that A&E rented and brought for us to play with), had enough time digging in the sand, feeling sunburned and ready to call it a day...we went back to the condo. We still had birthday's to celebrate. Fynn and Sterling both share the same birthday so to keep it a little separate we did Sterling's before dinner and Fynn's after.

Fynn was so cute, once again feeling really excited to blow out the candles. And opening gifts was way cute too. He would give everyone a hug after opening their gift and being prompted to by Jesse.
Fynn has been fully obsessed with trains lately. We have the wooden train sets. The plastic train sets. So what could I possibly give him that he'd be excited about. When I got on Amazon and found a Thomas the Train that was ride-able, I had to get it. I couldn't wait to see the look on this face when he got to see it for he first time.

The whole family went to great lengths to keep him distracted as Jesse was putting it together. But finally the time came for him to see it. It didn't go how I thought it would go. I read reviews about it and this one lady talked about her son riding it for 2 straight hours until he fell asleep on it. Fynn was so weirded out by it at first. He wouldn't even get on it. I think for 10-15 minutes he refused. He eventually did but only would go a foot or two. Haha. In my head I pictured it going alot differently than that.

Eventually we needed to clean up dinner and the whole condo so we could check out. We all had to go back to reality tomorrow. Dang it.
Tuesday:
Jesse went back to work today and the boys back in school. So it was just Fynnie and I. But he had his two year checkup, so that worked out nicely.

I giggled over this smirk of his as we were waiting for the doctor to come in. Notice what he's got around him His new birthday books and toys.... ALL train related. Haha.

He of course looks so good. Talking like crazy. I lost track of how many words he says because we really can have simple conversations with him now. He communicates extremely well. Jesse says that Fynn eludes his emotions really well. We always know how he's feeling. Apparently he gets that from me. Which I don't know if it's a strength or a weakness of mine? Anyway, Fynn is just the best baby...I mean toddler.

STATS at TWO!
Weight: 28.9lbs (62%)
Height: 35in (59%)
Head circ: 19.9in (90%)

Things I want to remember about him right now...
1. He waves at total strangers. All through Costco he's waving at people with a big smile on his face.
2. He tells strangers as he's leaving somewhere "Bye, Wuh you" which translates into "Bye, Love you". So just imagine that with the cashiers at Costco, or the girls at the salon as we are leaving. It's hysterical.
3. Still a parrot and repeats everything we say.
4. Now that he is 2 years old the binki is going to have to be broken of him. Wish us luck. He loves that thing so much. Especially lately. He's only aloud to have it at bedtime and naptime, but he's been begging for it outside of those windows.
5. Showing signs of potty training. He knows when he's poopy at least.
6. You take a picture of him and he immediately says "I see, I see, I see" until you show him. Then he says "Awwww".
7. Figured out that anything with a screen can play "A choo choo" and will say it over and over until you turn it on for him. Sometimes he says "A choo choo, ya" nodding his head yes. As if telling us it's a really good idea.
8. If Jesse or I are showering he'' find us in the bathroom, start taking his close off and say "A showw-a". It's painful to tell him no because it's usually when I'm trying to hurry and get ready for work.
9. He's dumped the 100% pure maple syrup out all over the table. Twice. That was fun.
10. Loves his milk at bedtime. Along with the binki and his little blanket. And occasionally a stuffed animal of his choice. Which seems to rotate between the elephant and the fluffy tiger.

No comments: