Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Salon Move

So, the past 2 months has been one of the hardest emotional journey's I've ever been on. But I cant share all of it on here. But know that it was very trying on my heart. Nothing left I could do but was to turn to the Lord. Even though my heart was so full of many emotions that the Lord was able to guide me an direct me in what I needed to do. 

About the last week of March I had a prompting that I needed to leave Sheer Indulgence. Matter of fact a salon fell in my lap.  I wasn't even looking, but it was clear that I should leave. With prayer I went to go and look at this salon. Feeling like I was 75% green light. But when I walked through it something about it didn't sit well with my heart. 

I went home feeling confused. Why would I have this prompting and this salon fall into my lap? And then feel not good about it? 

I decided that I would wait another month and pay April's rent at Sheer Indulgence and hope that things at the salon would get better. I fasted, prayed and went to the temple with my questions. Hoping for some clarity on my original prompting.

As the month of April went on things just weren't getting better and I dreaded going to work everyday and felt miserable there. I would leave work and bring home all the worked up feelings I had inside. All the emotions I was feeling was beginning to overwhelm me. My happy go lucky self was getting burried and I was a depressed, ornery mom and wife. And my boys and husband don't deserve that. 

One day as I'm miserably sitting in the break room  at work, I decided to Call 38th Street Salon to see if they were even hiring . A friend of mine (back when I looked at the other salon) suggested that salon. I called and the owner was the one who answered and  I was able to ask her if they were hiring full time stylists. And she said yes. As I was talking  with her about the details, I felt a glimpse of hope. We arranged to meet the next morning to walk through the salon together. 

Before we went Jesse and I said a prayer together asking for guidance if this was the place for me. When I arrived and started walking through the salon together, I had the most calming and peaceful feeling come over me. Something I hadn't felt in a long time. 

In that moment I felt my answer. The Spirit confirmed to me that this was the place for me. It's a big change to uproot my career of 11.5 years and change locations. I am a creature of habit. Hence why I have been in the same location for so long. But with the Lord on my side taking this leap of faith felt easier. 

As soon as I left there I went straight to my boss and told him I was leaving. I had no doubt in my mind I was making the right decision. He was very understanding but sad that I was leaving. I told him I didn't want anyone to know I was leaving. I didn't need their fake goodbyes and the questions. He respected that. 

In my own time I told Harmoni, Amber, Linzie and Lynette. The small handful of people who I could call my friends. But I left unannounced and in the night. Last week was the longest and hardest week on me. I couldn't wait to get out of there, but I was also feeling emotionally broken by this point. I needed to get away. The days went by so slow. 

Once Friday came I was thrilled. I waited until 9:30pm to go in and clear my stuff out. With no one there. It was rather therapeutic to clean out my station and throw things away that I didn't need anymore. Like I was cleansing myself of that place. Which really is sad to say. I've loved working there up until the past 2 months. Never thought I'd want to leave and here I was. 


Jesse was so sweet Monday and Tuesday to help me get all set up with new lighting and a new mirror in my new place. Sacrificing ALOT of his time , needs and wants for me. For his broken wife. He's really a saint for seeing me through all of this because I haven't been right. It's great to have him around to help me in my tough times. So blessed to have him as my husband. Honestly.

So tonight I finished up my first day in my new place! And looking back on this experience has strengthened my testimony of the power of prayer! I've learned ever more that God is in EVERY aspect of my life! He's very aware of me, loves me and even cares about where I work.
Looking forward to a new chapter in my life.

No comments: