Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day Weekend

Last night we treated Mama Heidi to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day with her. We could be with her today so we thought it would be nice to get together the day before. I love her like she's my own mom. Since day one of being "Smith" she has treated me like her own daughter and because of that we have grown so close.  I am so grateful for her and everything she does for me and my family. She's a good woman and loves me. Flaws and All!
Today my heart is very full. Getting ready for church is always nuts and there is usually one or more of us that may have a breakdown. But once we arrived to sacrament meeting and watched my boys singing about their mothers brought tears to my eyes and my heart was touched. I was reawakened to the gratitude I have to be a mother to these 3 boys. I love them and blessed to be their Mom!!!
I couldn't allow my own mom to cook dinner on Mother's day. So I had my family over and cooked dinner for them all. So grateful for for her and all she has done for me throughout my life. She's one of a kind.
Mother's Day can be tough when your mother deserves an island when all you can afford is a candle. So when you can't afford to buy her that island she deserves, you bake the most amazing German Chocolate Cake for her instead.

No comments: