Sunday, May 7, 2017

12 year Anniversary

Can you believe that it's been yet another year? Why does this make me feel emotional when I think about it? I honestly just feel like it was only a few years ago that we met. But that was 13 years ago. 12 of those years were marriage. I love it though. I love what we have grown into. I love looking back on the infancy of our marriage and think about how little I knew. I love looking at Jesse and have the "home" feeling with him. He really is my whole world and often the fear of living without him creeps in and it feels like a dark place. This world would definitely feel darker without him. 

Over the weekend we went on a little date that Jesse was in charge of this year. And he took me to Chik-fil-a for dinner and Nielson's Frozen custard before we went and saw a movie. It was a simple night, nothing fancy. But that was perfect for us. It's not very often we get to be alone together, so talking over dinner and seeing a Marvel movie. Every year there is always a new Marvel movie that comes out on our anniversary weekend. For 6 or 7 years now we've been doing that. It's tradition by this point we have to stick with it.  
Looking back on these pictures makes me so happy because 12 years later we are still going strong!!!


Being together for 12 years has brought us so many JOYS. These 3 boys being a few of those. We live for these boys. My days are filled with things all because of them. Some days it feels nuts, but I think I'd be pretty bored otherwise.
Happy Anniversary Jesse! You are truly the love of my life. Thank you for everything!

No comments: