Saturday, October 8, 2016

That's a wrap

This week has been Tournament Week for these boys. Ryker's age bracket is much bigger than Cy's, so he had more games to play to get to make their way to the Championship Game. So his first Tournament Game was on Tuesday of this week. They were #8 seed and played against #9 seed. They were much better than a #8 seed team would be. They were playing really good and tied almost all their games but end up losing at the last second. But they've improved over the course of the season and they were proving it in the Tournament.

Tuesday's game was unbelievably good. They won 22-0!!! Major shut out. They played so good on both ends of the field. They were pulling flags like made and running the ball like crazy. 2 of the touchdowns they made were by Ryker. And one of them was from one end zone to the other (Which I was so sad that I didn't catch that one on video. Jesse was working and I had been sending him play updates, so my camera wasn't ready when this play happened). But it was Unreal. Then he also caught the pass in the end zone for the 2-point conversion. It was one of his best games. 

I can't help but feel so proud of him. He's truly an athletic kid that is so much fun to watch. The coaches have been great as well. They have helped these kids really work together as a team. The head coach told us in private that if he could have a team of all Ryker's he'd love it. Ryker is great at pulling flags, running the ball, he's fast, great sportsmanship with his teammates and opponents and he listens to the coach. He's right where he needs to be in the games putting 100% into it. 

With the first round under their belts, they played round 2 this morning at 8am. They played against the #1 Seed (Packers) who were undefeated in their season. And the Dolphins brought the Packers to their first loss by beating them 20-7. 

And again Ryker scored 2 of the Touch Downs. This time I was able to catch one on video. And he ended up running right past me so I got a great video of it. This picture was a snapshot from the video of him right before making it into the endzone. He was so fast. I really like this picture. It shows how much he loves these games.

Because the won, they were scheduled to play again at 10am. If they won the 10am game, they'd play again at 1pm. I had to text/call my clients to put them on hold to wait and see how the day was going to play out.

Cy's first Tournament Game was at 8am. So he was playing at the same time that Ryker was. I caught the first half of Cy's game and the second half of Ryker's. It's tough when they are both playing at the same time. I hate having to miss one or the other. While I was watching Ryker I heard from Mike that Cy had caught a flag. So that was way exciting to hear. He has moments of really putting effort into it.. And other moments of not.

Cy's team won. Yay!!! I ever caught the final score. But they won and were playing the in the Championship Game at 9am.


They played the Lions in the Championship Game and they were little guys next to these huge Lion's. Come to find out they had like 3 or 4, seven year olf boys on their team. So it just wasn't fair to the 5/6 year olds. We didn't stand a chance. I think our team felt a little nervous against the big guys.
However, they made it so far and had such a great season. I loved how much Cy's coaches worked with him this season. He definitely learned a lot from them and I'm grateful for them sacrificing the time, effort and patience for these boys (Especially my boy).

10am and Ryker was up against the 49ers. Unfortunetly they were a tough team to beat and they took a loss against them. Bringing the Dolphins season to a close. Ryker was bummed out by it because it's natural to want it all. I wanted it all for him too. However, it's said that it builds character, right?
This brings the fall season to a close. And it's been a good one. Kinda glad it's over because I'm hoping I can catch up on stuff. It's been hectic to dealing with 2 footbal schedules. But I'd do it all over again for them. Love these boys and I love watching them do something that they are passionate about.

No comments: