Sunday, October 23, 2016

Jesse's Birthday Weekend

Yesterday we started out the celebration of Jesse's 36th birthday. Since we went to Cross E Ranch last month and we still had the wrist bands we were able to bounce back for half price. Plus Kris and Keya had wanted to go before October was over. So they came with us as well. We were loving the fact that it was SO WARM! Almost Hot! It's the end of October and we were all wearing short sleeved shirts. Love it so much! I'll take all the warm weather I can get.
Always fun hanging out with this crew.
And these kiddos just love being together. They had a hay day in the corn pit.
And riding in the tractor train.
This time they had goats just wandering around. And Fynn got a kick of out them. Thankfully they were really tame and were not bothered by Fynn patting him.
After spending a few hours at the Ranch, buying more ground beef, carmel corn and candied nuts, it was time for us to go. I had big plans for the rest of the night for Jesse. He had no idea what I had up my sleeve for the night except the fact that I was taking him to dinner. Can you guess where we went? Mikado of course. Haha. It's still our favorite.
Back in May I was driving to work and I heard that Pentatonix was coming to concert in Utah on Oct 22. And right then and there I knew that's what I wanted to get Jesse for his birthday. I recruited Jesse's parents and siblings to join in on the tickets so we could get good seats.

So if you can imagine how keeping this secret since May has been killing me. I knew he would be so excited and there were so many times that I just wanted to say to him(while we were listenting to one of their songs) "Oh I can't wait until their concert" or "Their concert is going to be so GOOD!" But I had to keep it to myself.

So once we finished dinner, I still hadn't told him what we were doing. Since he was driving I gave him directions to go to Salt Lake. And to give him a clue I turned on a Pentatonix song. After about 30 seconds he asked "Are they in concert tonight?"

"Yes they are!"

He just chuckled. I knew he was happy even though he doesn't show it very well. When we arrived I told him that we were on Row ONE and was shocked!
We sat through the first 2 opening bands and really enjoyed them. Our favorite was "Us is Duo". It's a married couple that sings together. That's it. No backup band. Just their voices and whatever instruments they play themselves. They were AMAZING!!!We are new fans.

When Pentatonix finally came out we were totally giddy. At least I was. It had been so long since I had been to a concert and I was excited to share this opportunity with Jesse. He loves Pentatonix so much. He's the one that actually got me into them. And they did not disappoint! It was a FANTASTIC concert!

To continue the Birthday Celebration we had everyone (both of our families) over tonight for dinner and birthday dessert.
And of course Jesse wanted Pumpkin Pie for his "Birthday Cake". I used 9 candles total to make a set of 3 and 6 for turning 36 years old.
We all love Jesse so very much. I swear he is the one that keeps the peace in the family. He is always the comic relief. He is one that everyone looks up to as an example of how to be. He is always missed when he isn't around. He is the Best!

Happy Birthday Jesse! Love you more than I could ever express.

No comments: