Saturday, March 12, 2016

Firefighter's Awards Banquette

Such a fun night to look forward to every year. This was the 2nd year we were able to attend this banquette last night. I love the opportunity to get all dressed up and spend an evening with Jesse.
 
Luckily with my work schedule I was able to arrange it so I could be done with work early enough to get ready and drive up to Ogden. Jesse was actually on duty yesterday, so I had to meet him at the fire stations first, and then we drove over to the venue.
 
When we got there they were taking pictures, if you wanted. I snuck this one of Jesse and some of his crew at Station 1: Kris Jenkins, Captain Slater, Tyler Rasley and Dan Gibson.
 Last year there wasn't anyone there that I was familiar with and the Jenkins couldn't make it. So this year I was happy to have familiar faces that we could talk to.
 The antique fire engine we are standing by, Jesse actually had to help clean it and get it to the venue. The poor thing threw his back out a week and a half ago, and it's still bugging him. So under that handsome smile he's suffering in silence.
 So official. They had a cool flag ceremony (I didn't get any pictures of that part) with bag pipes playing. It was neat!
 Kris and Keya Jenkins hanging out while we wait for things to get started. We were all commenting how hungry we were and very eager for dinner to be served.

 During the salads they showed a movie of all the pictures they had taken for 2015. Last year Jesse wasn't in it, but this year there were about 4 or 5 pictures of him. Yay! I was proud of him. This one here he isn't so proud of. It was when he got in a fender bender with the ambulance while he was driving the Rescue Truck. They showed pictures of both vehicles and then this picture of Jesse. SO embarrassed. He gets so much heat from all the firemen about this. Luckily he's tough and can handle the teasing.
 At the end of the night I had to snag one more picture of us together. When you get all dressed up I feel like it needs to be documented. Haha.
We went back to the fire station and then I had to head home. I wished Jesse could just come home with me, but he needed to finish out his shift. Kinda cool though that he got paid while at the banquette.

I felt the need to rush home. It was 9:00pm and Heidi had been tending the boys since 11:00am. She was so generous to watch them all day while Jesse and I were working and then into the night while we played. We are so blessed to have family close by who are so willing to help us out. We couldn't do it without them.

I'm already looking forward to next year's Banquette.

No comments: