Monday, February 3, 2014

I can laugh about it now...

...but not when it happened.

Last Saturday (Jan 25) I didn't work because we didn't have anyone to tend the boys. So I thought I would take it off. It's not very often I get to be home on a Saturday.

Mind you, Cy hadn't been fully potty trained yet. He had the peeing down great, but struggled with going poop in the toilet. Everyday he would soil his underwear. It started to really bother and gross me out. He would even take off the soiled underwear and try to rinse them out in the toilet (because he saw mommy do that one time and wanted to do it). Problem was, he wasn't as careful about it as I am, and he would get poop everywhere.

Well on the particular Saturday, I was downstairs getting ready to go to the grocery store, when I hear some water dripping in the laundry closet. When I spotted it coming through the ceiling it dawned on my what was happening. The bathroom upstairs is right above the laundry closet, so I knew that the toilet must be flooding.

I run upstairs to find Cyrus with a bare bottom and his hand on the flusher, pointing at the toilet saying "My underwear!"

I asked (not in a nice voice) "You flushed your underwear down the toilet?"

With a guilty look he said "Ya"

Because Cy messed in his pants, he again went to the liberty of cleaning out his underwear in the toilet, but this time didn't remove them before flushing. And knowing him, he doesn't like to flush just once, it's gotta be several times. Hence the abundance of water all over the floor. I should have taken a picture.

I was shamefully furious at him. That's why it's taken me so long to write about it. I would have nothing funny to say about it. Because in that moment of poopy water all over the bathroom floor seeping into the downstairs, it was not funny to me!

But now it's a funny story to tell people. The shock on their faces is priceless, and it makes me want to tell it again and again.

This will probably be one story Cy won't ever live down the rest of his life. And don't you worry, I made him clean up all that water by himself.

No comments: