Monday, February 10, 2014

Birthday Weekend!

I think I promised myself last year that I was only going to do friend birthday party's every other year. Well, when Ryker started planning \where he wanted his party and who to invite weeks before his actual birthday... my fate was sealed.
 
This year we had the party was on Ryker's actual birthday (Sat, Feb 8) at his favorite yogurt shop; Orange Leaf. The one in Bountiful has a party room that is very inexpensive to reserve. So for an hour and a half we  played games...
 ...ate pizza...
 ...and ate self served frozen yogurt. The kids all had a blast.
 That night the family went out to a movie. We ate our dinner while the movie was playing. We wanted to take Ryker out since Jesse would be working the next day when we were doing the family party.
 This kid is the greatest! He has the kindest heart and the sweetest spirit. I know he is destined for greatness. I love him so much!!!
Sunday we went to my parents for dinner and afterwards family (who could be there) came for presents and cake. Ryker has lots of people that love and care for him, so he gets very blessed with plenty of gifts.
 One of the highlights for me was the fact that he could read his own birthday card from Grandma and Grandpa. There were maybe 3 or 4 words he needed help with. But he read they entire message they wrote inside. It is so COOL that he is doing so well with his reading.
 When I asked Ryker what he wanted for his birthday he told me...A kindle, a phone or a watch. Haha, Ya right to the first 2 buddy. I love you and all but that just isn't happening at this age.  So he got a watch. I couldn't believe he was asking for those big electronics at age 6.
 He got all the candles blown out with one blow. But then again, his little brother could have had some help with it.
 This year Ryker requested for me to make a Squid cake. For weeks I contemplated on how I could even execute that. After awhile I had to break the news to him that I just am not that good and we would have to figure something else out. So we went online together and found a list of ideas and came across a blog that had a tutorial on a PiƱata Cake! He LOVED it (sigh of relief for mom)!!!
Happy Birthday Ryker! You are my pride and joy!

No comments: