Friday, May 24, 2013

Sunday Beach Bums

The main thing we wanted to do on our little weekend getaway was to spend the day at the beach. With the help from the hotel workers, we decided on Huntington Beach. And thanks to GPS on my cellphone we had no problem getting there. The only tricky thing was finding a place to park that wasn't super expensive or illegal. We were able to park on the street and just pay the meter with all the silver change I had in my wallet.
 
Walking down to the beach was quite the joke. We first went to Subway to get Lunch for later, then when we got to the sand Manda and I had to carry the stroller across it. Talk about a workout. Phew.
 
Then it was play time....



 Manda was the brave one. She took both Ryker and Cy out into the water to play. It was too cold for me, so I stayed back to take photos and watch Max.
 Cy was giggling the whole time. Even when he took a spill under a small wave he came up laughing and saying "again".
 Not exactly sure why... but Max wouldn't stop eating the sand. He's at that age where everything goes into his mouth. But wet sand? Haha.
 After the Beach we went to dinner. Then headed back to the hotel to bathe the boys and get them in bed. When I took their shirts off I was totally shocked by the sight of their backs. I had only put sunscreen on the faces and shoulders, thinking that would be fine. It was only about 73 degrees that day and the beach even felt a bit chilly. So I thought the boys wouldn't get THAT sunburned. The guilt I had once I discovered their burnt backs was just killing me. I knew better, but I chalked it up to them being fine. I should have been better about it. Talk about a terrible mom moment.
Thank Heavens I brought Aloe Vera with me. I lathered them both in it over and over again before they went to bed. Through out the night I woke up to Cy fussing in his sleep and saying "ouchie". Oh man, I was feeling awful about the whole thing.

In the morning I ran to the nearest store to pick up some Motrin. I had read that it would help them with the pain. So I tried my best to keep them covered in aloe and dosed with Motrin to keep them feeling better.

No comments: