Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy 8th to Us!!!

This year our anniversary celebration was very low key due to our busy schedule. Our anniversary is on Tuesday May 7 and Jesse has shifts both Monday and Wednesday, with School on Tuesday night. So we decided to go out the weekend before. I made dinner reservations at Market Street Grill. I hadn't been there before and it had been years for Jesse. Since I love fish now and so does Jesse, I thought it would be good to try it out. Plus I had a gift card, so why not?

Everything we ordered was really yummy. And what I loved was that all the portions weren't HUGE. And fish isn't super heavy on my stomach. So we left feeling perfectly full.
Over dinner I gave Jesse a letter that I wrote him and ANOTHER wedding ring. Ring #5. Haha. At this point giving him another ring was more of a joke. When I pushed the box across the table and placed it in front of Jesse, he just started to laugh. This one I had our names Etched into it. From far away it just looks like a design, but up close it reads "Ashley & Jesse". 

It was opening weekend of Iron Man 3. Funny thing, the past two Iron Man movies have come out on our anniversary weekend and we saw them for our anniversary date. And when I heard the third one was coming out again on our anniversary weekend we just had to go. It's Tradition Now!
It was a very simple night, but it was just nice to be together. With how things are lately it's hard to go out on a date. So I was just grateful for the chance to be together.

In the letter I gave Jesse I wrote 8 reasons I love him to go along with the 8 years of marriage we have under our belts.

Eight Things I love about you…

1.   Sarcastic, Comical and Easy-Going Attitude

You have the ability to make everyone around you laugh and feel comfortable. Very few people can do that and because you are like that people are drawn to you and like you.

2.  Tall, Dark and Handsome

This may seem worldly, but I love your handsome face, strong muscles and your gentle hands. I feel safe when I’m with you.

3. Hardworking/Never Give up

You are probably one of the hardest working men I know. Not just at work, but in the yard, in school, with the boys, with me. You put your mind to something and you do it. You have the endurance and fire that most people don’t.  

4.Great Daddy

There is nothing that brings me more love and happiness when I see our boys climbing on top of you, wrestling with you and just having so much fun with you. The giggles and smiles that come to their faces when you are with them is priceless. They love you so much and look up to you a great deal. I’m grateful they have you to be that man figure in their lives.

5.  Handy Man

Seriously so grateful that I can ask you to fix something and you will know how to do it, or at least figure it out. It’s a reassuring feeling when I have clients talk about having to hire someone to fix the smallest things around the house. You are my man for hire.

6.  Very Patient

This one is HUGE for me. And I honestly don’t know how you do it. The many times you have put up with my crazy girl moments and haven’t thrown in the towel, make me so grateful for your Patience. The many times the boys are driving me mad, you step in and calm the situation and help me feel better. You are amazing. I need to learn the more and be like you.

7.  Team Player

I love that you are at my side and as a team we can tackle anything that is thrown at us. You are ALWAYS there for me. And it is such a comforting feeling to know that I will have you there for the rest of eternity.

8. Family is Everything to You

One of the biggest things that I fell in love with you at the beginning was your love for Family. You talked about your mom with such admiration and love. She was a big example to you and the fact that you knew that and wanted someone in your life just like her, frankly scared me to death because I didn’t know if I could live up to that. So I hope that I have and will forever to better myself for you and our boys.

No comments: