Friday, May 24, 2013

Oregon? Oh wait California...

About a month ago I scheduled with Amanda to go visit her in Oregon. We made a plan to spend a day in Portland by going to the zoo with the kiddos. Sleep over there and then drive to her house in Eugene the next day.
 
On my end I was planning on flying into Long Beach Friday night to spend the night. Then to take the morning flight to Portland. Well would luck have it, we didn't make it on the Friday night flight. My mom was so gracious to volunteer her assistance while I flew with two busy boys. So after we didn't make it on the flight we just went back home. We were rolled over to the morning flight then would have to spend a 6 hour layover in Long Beach before we could leave for Portland. Ugh. Not really looking forward to that. I'd have to do that two times and really only get to see Manda for 2 days.
 
I was feeling conflicted. The thought of a 6 hour layover two times with two rambunctious boys sounded very daunting. Where on the other hand I really wanted to see my sister.
 
After a long time of thinking and talking it over with Jesse and Manda. We came up with the idea that Manda would meet me in Long Beach the next morning and we could spend the weekend there instead of Oregon. Sweet. Cuts down on the travel time by meeting in the middle. It was perfect.
 
So the next morning we get to the airport and my mom sends us on our way. Ryker and Cy were thrilled that they'd get to see Manda and Little Max.

 Cy is now to the age where he requires a seat himself. No more lap sitting for him. Which is actually a relief. I was able to bring the car seat on board and have him sit in that instead. It was FANTASTIC! He was very content staying there watching a show.

On my other side of me, Ryker too was very content watching his show. I had a moment where I thought I should have brought a book to read, because I was sitting there with two pleasant and content boys. I hadn't brought one because I didn't think I'd even have the chance to read considering having to mind the boys 24/7. But they were so great. And what a relief for me.
 Once we landed, Manda was there waiting for us by the baggage claim. Oh it was so great to see her. And it was kinda fun that we were getting this opportunity to spend the weekend together with our boys.

We picked up the rental car and squeezed every last bit of luggage in the trunk. Thankfully all three car seats fit in the backseat and luckily both strollers and all our luggage was able to fit in the trunk.

We found a four star hotel on hotwire.com for a really low price. When we arrived we were excited that it was so nice. We almost didn't feel like we fit in. There were several people dressed up and here Manda and I are with our kiddos and all our belongings. It was very comical. The guy a the main desk was very nice to us super helpful with the kids. The provided a crib for Cy, gave all three boys a little welcome treat bag and some beach towels, beach balls and a map to get there.

While we were checking in, I happen to look down at Cy and see that he was sound asleep in his stroller. He stayed asleep while I pushed him to our room and put him in the corner for a quiet quick nap.

Once Cy woke up we went to check out the pool.


Thank goodness there were two of us to watch the boys. We both were really tired. Especially Manda since she had to wake up early early to drive two hours from Eugene to Portland to catch her flight. So by the end of the day we were wishing that we had some of the boys energy.
After the pool, we went across the street to the mall. We thought it would be a good place to find a quick meal. We discovered a restaurant called Corner Bakery Cafe. It was AMAZING! They had everything from Salads to Pasta to Breakfast. And everything had healthy options. Which was a big deal for me. I don't eat out much because it's healthier to eat at home. So I was happy to find a place that was quick, healthy and close to the hotel.

No comments: