Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Start of a Fun Christmas

I find that the day after Thanksgiving is the perfect day t0 put up the Chirstmas Tree. This year was extra fun for me because I had two little helpers. I usually put it up alone since Jesse isn't interested in that part and Ryker hasn't cared. So I enjoyed having the extra help.
 
Cy was making me laugh so hard. I actually took a video of him putting ornaments on the tree. He'd walk over to the couch and grab an ornament (most of the time it was a handful) then dash over to the tree and stick his whole hand (sometimes up to his elbow) inside the tree and let go. He wasn't always successful to have the ornament(s) stay on the tree. But he didn't care he'd just pick them back up and try again.
 
Then there is Ryker. He's trying to be all neat and put each ornament on carefully. He kept telling Cy
"No! One at a time!"
"Come on Cy! No buddy! One at a time!"
"Look! Cyrus look at me.  Look! One at a time goes like this, not like that!" (as he is showing him how to put them on gently).
"No Cy, please stop doing that!"
 
Haha... I was so proud of Ryker for being patient with Cy. He was frustrated but not really got mad at him.
 
Once the boys were done hanging the ornaments, I found that they were all in the same little section. In the front and close to the bottom. I decided to leave it. Usually the OCD in myself wouldn't allow it. I've grown up knowing that the ornaments needed to be spread throughout the tree evenly. But I couldn't rearrange them because it would probably hurt the boys feelings. So I admire our awkwardly, uneven, decorated Christmas Tree!
 
 
 By Monday I finally got around to Ryker's room. The plan was to go through all his toys and get rid of the old ones so that Santa could bring new ones. Ryker didn't like the idea at first. But once I reminded him that we needed to make room for new toys he cheered up.

Once his whole room was cleaned, de-junked and organized I put up a little tree in his room. I had this tree when I was in high school. My sister, Manda and I shared it in our room. We loved it. I like that I've been able to hand that down to Ryker for him to enjoy!
 The Christmas spirit is in our home and the boys are super excited....especially Ryker. I think just about every day since we put the tree up "Is it going to be Christmas day tomorrow?"

The poor thing has a long month of waiting ahead of him.
 Cy loves all the Christmas Decorations, but honestly doesn't really know that Christmas is coming. If my memory serves me right...this is the first year that Ryker is anticipating Christmas. Last year he understood Christmas but didn't get that it was a day that we wait for.
Ryker's enthusiasm about Christmas, the music, Santa, Baby Jesus and the Decorations makes more excited about it. I bought a few of the old Christmas movies that I remember watching when I was a kid. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus is coming to town, and my favorite A Year Without a Santa Claus.

Ryker has been singing the songs from them all through the house. It brings such a smile to my face.

What joy these boys bring to me. I have a feeling this Christmas is going to be very fun in dead.

No comments: