Sunday, November 25, 2012

One Memorable Thanksgiving

Tuesday morning Manda and Jon surprised us by telling us all that they were headed our way a whole day earlier than their original plans. I'm always so excited when she comes into town, so the thought of getting one more day with her was fantastic.
 
Her and Chantel came into the salon on Wed and I did their hair while we had some much needed sister time. Alot of laughing and goofing off. Good times! That'll always be my favorite part of doing hair is to spend that time with my sisters.
 
Thanksgiving Morning I talked Manda into coming to the gym with me and my friend Harmoni. We wanted to burn some extra calories before our big meal that day.
 
After we got home Jesse rushed off to our Ward's Turkey Bowl. I was then home with the boys and thought it would be fun to go over to the parentals and make breakfast. So the boys and I headed over there. I made omelets with our fresh chicken eggs (one of my favorite breakfasts). We hung around there for several hours until I heard from Jesse. Once he called and said he was home then the boys and I headed that way.
 
Around 1, I headed down to my Grandma Schrader's house to help her cook/prep the Thanksgiving Feast. And to make it that much more fun Manda and Chantel joined us. Once again I was grateful for my sister time. Gotta soak it up while I can.
 
I could only stay few a few hours because I myself had to prep and cook some bread. It was tricky since I have one oven and I was making three loaves. Only two can fit on the baking stone at once, so I had to take one of them to my mom's (days like this I wish SO bad I had a second oven). Driving back and forth from my house to hers was kinda hectic. But it all worked out.
 
Few hours go by and we all meet back at Grandma's by 4:30pm. My Uncle Russ, his wife Rose and her kids (Amanda, Shauna and Sami) were all there. Along with my whole family (minus Craig and Alexa who were out of town with Craig's family).
 
We ate so much and it was all so yummy. I honestly LOVE Thanksgiving dinner. It's all so delicious. I think I finished my plate before others were half way through theirs. I was acting like I hadn't eaten in days. haha
 
Once we had all eaten came the dreaded clean up. That's the only down fall of it all. SOOO many dishes, chairs, tables...etc. Thankfully we had many hands to make lite work.
 
Then we got to lounge. Ahhhh. Let the Turkey coma settle in!
 
Ryker and Cy were thrilled to see their cousin, Max again. Especially since Max has grown so much since the time we saw him in September. He's a cute little chunker with no hair and I want to eat him up.
 I am so very thankful to these peeps (even though Alexa isn't in the picture she too is included). They are the glue in my life. I can't help but laugh and enjoy myself when I am around them. I LOVE my siblings!!!!
 And to these boys...(Cy wouldn't sit and take a picture with us, so imagine him in there haha). I am SO Thankful to Jesse! I can't sum it all up in one sentence how amazing he is. There is nothing he can't do! I'm so thankful for our strong marriage and friendship. I Love you!

I am very grateful to have 2 busy, happy, handsome boys. I love that I am a mom of boys. There is something special about it that I can't quite put my finger on. I feel so protected. They are the Best!
 I am Thankful that Manda and Jon would go to the major effort to drive all the way from Eugene, OR just to spend a few days with us. I am thankful to have Maxwell as my first blood nephew. I am excited to watch him grow up.
 I am Thankful to Grandma and Grandpa Schrader for hosting this amazing Thanksgiving get together. (I didn't get a picture of grandma because her and my mom rushed off to Black Friday Shopping as soon as things were cleaned up. Those two are brave and a little crazy to venture out on that night. Something that I won't understand, I like to online shop way to much. Fighting crowds is not my thing).

Cy loves Grandpa's mustache. It's cute whenever he sees Grandpa, Cy will wiggle his mouth and nose to mimic Grandpa tickling Cy's cheek.
 And just another reason to be Thankful for and to make me smile is this picture...
Around 7:30ish we all started to head home. Tyson had invited Jon and Jesse to go play basketball with his ward. So they went home to get ready for that. I put the boys in bed and was super tired and crashed around 9 (Turkey Coma did me in).

When Jesse got home from basketball he came downstairs and asked if I got his text message. And because I was so dead tired I didn't even hear it even though my phone was right by my head.

Anyway he went onto say that he needed to go to InstaCare. Mind you I'm still half asleep (and it's about 10:45pm), so when he said this.... it was as if someone electrocuted me. My heart was pounding. I asked him what happened... he goes on to tell me that he stepped on a guys foot and he rolled his ankle and he heard something POP. Eek (This is not a good way to wake up)! Jesse always seems to have some type of injury from work, but most of the time he mends it himself. So if he is saying that he needs to go have this looked at... it's serious!

So he hobbles back upstairs and drives himself to the nearest InstaCare to find they are closed. Darn it! He didn't want to go to the ER because it would cost too much. His foot was going to have to wait until morning.

After a long night of him and I not sleeping very well, we get up and get ready for the day. I was making breakfast and poor Jesse was crawling up the stairs like a child. Ryker was so sad to see his dad in so much pain.

InstaCare opened at 9 and Jesse wanted to be the first one there, but 6 others beet him to it. He was there for over and hour and a half. They took an xray of his foot and sure enough it was broken. He only saw a digital version of the xray so this is the best I can do....

He fractured the tip of his 5th Metatarsal bone. The doctor gave Jesse a boot to wear and told him to stay off his foot as much as possible. It would be about 4 to 6 weeks for it to heal.

So this is terrible timing. All because of Jesse's firefighter career. Which this could lead me into his most recent update.

A few weeks ago SSL called him and asked if he'd be interested in a part time position. Of course Jesse said Yes. Then they went onto schedule a Chief's interview on Nov 14.

Jesse called me after the interview and said it went really well. The Chief was super nice and told Jesse at the end that he had done really well. He went onto tell Jesse and they had hired someone full time already and they were looking to hire 5-6 part time positions. Well with Jesse being #7 on their list this was sounding very promising.

The next day, Jesse received a phone call from SSL asking if he'd be willing to fill out a background check. Well of course he said yes once again (trying not to get too excited).

We don't know how long the background check will take...so we wait! From what we hear is that the background check is pretty much the last step. So he pretty much has the job, unless he doesn't pass. Haha which is kind of been the joke in our family. That he has some felony that he's been keeping a secret from us all these years.

Also Jesse put in an application for West Valley Fire Department and their written test is this coming Wed. Soon there after he'll be doing the physical test.

So back to timing of this whole foot breaking thing. We are hoping that SSL will be understanding of him breaking his foot. Also we are hoping that his foot will be feeling better by the time West Valley's physical test!

Oh the stress of it all. We feel like this is terrible timing. But we know that it's all on the Lord's time. Everything happens for a reason! In due time we will know why. We are all trying to stay positive.

I'm thankful that they break wasn't worse than what it was. He could have had surgery and then really be down for awhile. So that's a good thing.

Now every year on Thanksgiving we will always remember that Jesse broke his very first bone. Memories!

No comments: