Thursday, May 31, 2012

Oregon Sister Time

Several months back I planned a trip up to go visit Manda and Jon. As it got closer it turned out that it was going to be the same time Manda's mother and sister in law (Lisa and Mary) were throwing her a baby shower. So since my mom, grandma and sisters were all invited they all joined me for my trip. (My dad too came along).

We all flew up Saturday night (May 19) together. We had to fly into Portland, rent a car and still drive two hours to Eugene. By the time we got to Manda and Jon's place it was 11:30pm (Oregon Time). We were all really sleepy in the car, but as soon as we got there it's like we got this burst of energy and we (mostly Chan, Manda and I) all stayed up till 2:30am just getting caught up. Awe... some much needed sister time.

The next morning we took the morning easy just hanging out around the house and getting ready for the shower (It's funny... when I'm with my sisters it's like they all of a sudden become incapable of doing their own hair, so I  went to work to make them look beautiful for the shower).

The shower was at this cute little restaurant called "Our Daily Bread". They had awesome homemade food. It was nice to be out on the patio section during the shower. Thankfully the rainy Oregon weather held out for this special day and gave us sunshine.

 Manda wanted to get a picture of her sisters and sister in law all together....
 ...and the moms.



 Everyone who came to the shower were all really generous, especially considering Manda didn't know most of the guest very well and some not at all. Most of them were friends of the Duke's. She was very grateful we were there.

I love this picture of her and her cute baby bump. It gets me all excited to meet my nephew.

Monday morning the whole gang had to head back home... but I got to stay. Yahoo. I stayed until Thursday morning.

The rest of the time Manda and I took it easy. We got some baby shopping done, bought some maternity clothes, went and saw a movie, stayed up late talking, took naps the next day due to staying up late, and cut and colored some hair in their kitchen (even their toy poodle, Gus got a haircut).

Thursday morning came too fast and too early. My flight in Portland was leaving at 7:10am and we had a two hour drive there. So I had to wake up at 3am to get ready and pack my stuff in the car so we could leave by 4am...ugh. Manda was so great to be willing to do that for me. Bless her heart. It gave us one last chance to chat with each other. Ya know sisters never can get enough of that.

I loved having this time with Manda. It was so great to see her. I love her oh so much. Don't know where I would be without her. We have become so close over the past few years. That makes me super excited as to what the coming years are going to bring for us.

Manda is going to be a great mother. I'm really excited for her to have that in her life. And we'll then be able to relate to each other on another level.

Love you Sista!

3 comments:

Kari said...

I didn't know she is pregnant! Good, someone to help the Goodrich side procreate. :)

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...

Haha..yes thats what I was thinking. Takes the pressure off of me.

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.