Monday, May 21, 2012

The Chicken Coop is Done

Before...


During...

After...

 The nests where the eggs will be collected...
 Didn't Jesse do an awesome job? Then again he always does, so there's no surprise there. I have to add that I helped where I could. I did alot of the staining and touched up the paint.

The chicks seem so much happier out in their coop. And in return I'm even more happy to have them out of our house. Once I got them outside I cleaned out the bathroom and the dust that was created from them was unbelievable. I haven't ever seen anything like it.

Inside the chicken house we put the heat lamp inside so they can have the warmth at night. 

Another thing I should mention is the night that we put the chicks in the coop we gave Henrietta (the white hen) to our next door neighbors. Reason being is because the chicks and her needed to be separated and both needed to be in the house part. Henrietta needed it to lay her eggs and the chicks needed it to stay warm. Unfortunately Henrietta had to go. But she'll be happier at the neighbors where she can be with a bunch of other hens.

No comments: