Wednesday, May 9, 2012

7 years ago...

...THIS happened (see picture below).

May 7, 2005 seems like such a long time ago, but yet at the same time it all just happened yesterday. And here we are 7 years later with 2 beautiful boys, a home with a great yard, and raising 12 chicks...who'd of thought?

 My gift to Jesse was a new BBQ. We have been using his parents old one for the past 4 1/2 years and it has been great, but I guess a 12 year old BBQ is bound to fall apart at some point. And that point was now.

 I also surprised him with a new ring (might I add this is is FOURTH ring he has received in 7 years). After he lost the third one I just decided not to care anymore. But I think as a soon to be Firefighter working in action he should have a ring on his finger.

The unfortunate thing about this ring is the size...it's apparently too small. Go figure! I got the same size as last time, but for some reason it won't even go past his knuckle. Thankfully I bought this from my boss who also owns the Gem Smith next to the salon, so I'm sure he'll be understanding and switch it out for a new one. This one was on closeout so I'll have to find another one that is a size bigger. (I'll have to post a picture of the BIGGER and hopefully BETTER ring when I get it.)

It was Jesse's turn to plan the evening. His original plan was to go to an Indoor Skydiving place up in Ogden, but I guess they were closed that night. So he gave me a gift certificate from there so we can go together another time. I'm excited about it.
 For dinner he took me to Epic. I had only been there twice with Heidi and loved it. So Jesse took me again. I didn't even think about it but I totally forgot to take pictures to document the night..I even had my camera with me. haha I guess I was enjoying myself too much to even think about pictures.

After dinner Jesse took me to the mall and let me shop. When he first told me this was his plan I thought "Who are you? And what did you do with my husband?"

We only went for a little bit before the mall closed. Which was perfect because I didn't want to torture Jesse anymore with boredom on our anniversary night.

A short but very sweet evening together. Perfect!

I'm grateful to be married to such a good man. We have grown together and strengthened each other in ways I didn't think were possible. I believe we make a really great team and am grateful for the growth that has come from that. I can't imagine what the coming years will bring for us...but I certainly look forward to it.

No comments: