Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Continuing on...

Early the next morning (and I mean 4:45am early), I woke up to get ready to go. Our flight was leaving at 7:30am and Jon had to be to work be 6am...so that meant we all needed to leave by 5:30am. They have just the one car so we all carpooled to drop Jon off and then from there Sarah took Ryker and I to the airport. We got there about 6:30am.

Thankfully when we checked our bags (AGAIN) that we got our seat assignments right then and there. So we knew we were on. YEAH!!!!

This is a picture of us at the baggage claim in Salt Lake City SOOOO glad that we were home! I was so proud of Ryker being so happy and good this whole trip. It made for a fun time being together. I think his happy go lucky attitude made me calm through out this whole crazy...what ever you want to call it. I'm sure if I didn't have him there I would have been much more grumpy about the whole thing.
Heidi picked us up and she drove me straight to the salon. I'm not kidding you I walked in at 11:25am. FIVE minutes to spare. My bride would have never known that I had just come right off of a plane.

I worked until about 4pm. It wasn't that long of a day of work, but for some reason it was exhausting. But no time to rest... It was Jesse's 31st birthday and I made plans to take him to dinner. My mom took the boys to her ward's Halloween Carnival while Jesse and I spent the evening together.

I surprised him...well TRIED to surprise him... by taking him to the Sushi restaurant that he used to work at in Park city. It was fun to hear him reminisce about the restaurant. He has many fond memories of living in Park City and I enjoyed hearing about it.

After dinner we were driving around town and Jesse decided he wanted to see if his buddy still lived in the house that the 2 of them lived in. Sure enough he did. So Jesse got to catch up with an old friend and his wife and daughter.

The drive home was really nice. We hadn't seen each other since I had left early Saturday morning, so we got to catch up and tell each other about our weekends without each other. Absence certainly makes the heart grow fonder!
Once we got home I had Jesse put on his birthday gift from me. He had asked for a new Utah Hoodie...but I kinda went crazy adding on the hat, t-shirt and sweat shorts. I couldn't decide just one extra thing to go with the sweatshirt.. So he got it all. He deserves it anyway!!!!



No comments: