Monday, May 23, 2011

The Latest

Ya know how life can feel like its on a track that is repeating its self everyday? Well, that's how I mine has been as of late. It's not a bad thing, just there's nothing really to report quite as often as I'd like. The repeat cycle is super busy too. I wake up go to the gym, come home, shower, get ready, get the boys to my mom's, go to work, come home make dinner, get the boys in bed, fall asleep on the couch, get ready for bed, go to bed and repeat. Occasionally add in cleaning, laundry, pumping, going to young women's. And in all that still find time for myself and my family. Phew, I don't think I have enough to do.

Amongst the crazy business I still get to enjoy the two greatest boys. Ryker is still an awesome big brother. And Cy is growing and developing so well. It cracks me up when Ryker lays next to Cy and says 'Ahh, mom look at us'...and then poses for me after I've grabbed my camera. He's a ham, and a darn cute one. It'll be fun when Cyrus can return the same enthusiasm for Ryker.


Even though a few weekends ago Jesse and I went out together for our anniversary, but I thought it was time to do a group date night. So over the weekend we went to Fat Cats and Pizza Factory with our friends Dave, Cassie, Justin and Heidi. It had been so long since we had done a date night with them that we all thought it was due time we got together.

They say you still need to go on dates with your spouse after having kids, just so when you are empty-nesters you aren't wondering who this person you are living with is. And I can totally see why. Being out and having fun with other adults and interacting with Jesse in a playful way was invigorating. It made me realize even more that I really do love my husband and want to be with him. It's not like I didn't know that I loved him, it was just an extra assurance that he's my man and we belong together.

I mentioned to Jesse that we need to make it a habit to go on a date or group date about once a month. Keep our fingers crossed that it happens. Like I said earlier, our lives are super busy and it's hard to take time for each other.

I've really loved having Cy around. He's just been a joy....



...I mean look at the smile... doesn't that just brighten your day? It does mine. He's so freakin' cute!


1 comment:

Kels said...

So cute! I can't believe how fast they grow!