Saturday, February 7, 2015

Starting off 2015 Easy-ish.

Here it is February already and I'm making my first post of the year. Not a very good way to start out. But I have my reasons. Things have felt really busy, but not at the same time. Nothing epic really has happened. It's just been an easy January. Which has been very welcomed after such a hectic December. 
 
I loved this picture of the boys. They each got their own little carts for Christmas from Grandma Heidi, but I loved that they were riding on it together. I wish I could record on their laughter on paper as they were zooming around the house. The moments that they play well together always swarm my heart.
Actually I guess I could say that something epic-wish has happened. Jesse has had the itch to move for about a year now. And the last few weeks he's been looking at houses online and talking to mortgage people to get us prequalified for a new home.

As he was doing this, he was thinking that if we really went down this road we should do some things to our house to get it looking nicer to sell. And the downstairs bathroom needed that. So after a trip to Lowe's and IKEA we found a new vanity for the bathroom from IKEA. What a transformation! Those old basket drawers were just terrible. Most of them were warped and falling apart. Plus now we have 2 sinks and more drawer space.

Well, after fixing up the bathroom our house hunting became more serious. So it was time to start cleaning out and boxing up some of our own house to get it ready to sell. It really is time consuming going through each room and decluttering. It's refreshing to have things feel so clean.

Something totally out of character for this time of year has been the weather. This week has been in the 60s. No joke. Well with the warm weather, I started to notice my daffodils popping up already. I took this picture last week and this week they are about 4-5 inches out of the ground. I would bet by next week they'll be blooming. It's just crazy. Early Feb and we already have Spring flowers. 


Last week the Smith Family went up to Soldier Hollow to go tubing. Heidi had a Groupon that she wanted us to all use. Soldier Hollow has these hills of snow that they have made. Some of the lanes are more bumpy than others, so you can pick your thrill level. The other cool thing was the pully system them have set up to drag your tube and yourself to the top of the hill. The boys thought it was the coolest thing ever. And Cy was just giggling the whole way down the hill. Made me smile.  

That's that in a quick nutshell.

No comments: