Sunday, May 11, 2014

9 years...

Wednesday May 7th was our 9th Anniversary. To celebrate Jesse and I went out on a simple date. Our big trip back in February was suppose to be for our anniversary, and both of us just bought new bikes, so we just wanted to keep things small.
 
Our plan was to go to dinner and a movie, but we were kinda early for dinner. We were both starving though. So to make things interesting and fun, we went to dessert first. Haha. Our favorite place to go lately is called YogurtLand. It's by far the yummiest self-serve frozen yogurt place we have had. We are hooked. I have to admit I try not to go more than once a week, but I struggle with that. It's just so scrumptious and kinda guilt free. 
 Once it was time for dinner we went to our go-to favorite restaurant. Mikado. Mmm Mmm Mmmmm. It's always so so good.
 Of course we had to take a picture while we were at dinner. We took several pictures before we took this one. And by this time we were feeling goofy so we have our excited faces on. Haha. This is what 9 years of marriage looks like.
After dinner we went to a movie. It had been so long since we had gone to see a movie that wasn't a kid movie, that we had so many options it was almost hard to pick. But we finally chose to see the new Captain America movie. As we were thinking about it, we are pretty sure we haven't seen a movie in 2014 that was for us, we have gone for the boys. Before kids we were up on all the latest movies, now we are up on all the latest kids movies. A time and a season for everything. And we are in the season of kids.

Even though it was a simple night, it was still very nice to have a night alone with Jesse. I feel very blessed to have him in my life. I would marry him over and over again. Every year with him seems to get sweeter and sweeter. I am so thrilled that we have let our relationship continue to grow stronger and stronger each year. I had a couple of clients mention to me that not very many couples that 9 years now a days. So that made me feel good. We have come a long way together.  9 years ago I only had a small glimpse of how perfect Jesse was for me. I look forward to the years ahead.

No comments: