Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Week

Knowing that Jesse would be working on Easter Sunday we tried to make the most of the week. Tuesday night we dyed Easter Eggs after dinner. One of the dye kits I found had stickers to make faces and some orange fuzz to make hair. Both of the boys loved to make faces on the eggs, especially the fuzzy hair.
 
When we were finished Ryker came up to me and told me thank you for letting him do that activity and how much he loved it. Made me feel good to hear the sincere gratitude from him. He's so dear. I love his tender little heart. He can make me feel so loved. 
 Last night when I got home from work I made a little Easter dinner. Simple, but the boys got a kick out of it. Mostly Ryker. Cy didn't seem to care much. He wasn't feeling all too well yesterday. Ryker loved it so much that he asked me to make a bunny face again for breakfast this morning. So I did. Funny how you make their food into a face and they seem to like the food more than ever. Haha.
 After we ate our breakfast dinner we explained that the "Easter Bunny" came earlier to our house so that we could have a family Easter Egg hunt together. Of course Ryker was better than Cy at finding the hidden eggs. But Ryker was sweet and would bring Cy some eggs.
 Yup. They are in their jammies. We are cool like that.
 Had to get a picture with this guy since we wouldn't get one today. I love him.
 This morning the boys woke up to another visit from the Easter Bunny.  They each got a suit, bow ties, stickers, glow stick, a puzzle and the movie Frozen to share.
Jesse went off to work and the boys and I went to church. I was dying when I got them all dressed up in their suits and bow ties. They look like little handsome men. I can't imagine how handsome they are going to be when they are all grown up.
 Now all the Easter Egg dying, food, candy, baskets, new clothes  and traditions are all fun. But let us not forget that Jesus is the Son of God, our Savior and Redeemer. Because of Him death is not the end, and life takes on new meaning. We can change, we can start over- and we can live again with God.

On the InstaGram a lot of people are hash tagging #BecauseOfHim with their reasons why/how the Savior's atonement has made an impact in their personal lives. That phrase "Because of Him" speaks so loudly to me. Such a simple statement and yet it has so much meaning behind it.
Because of Him I get to be with my family forever.
Because of Him I can make everyday a fresh start.
Because of Him the mistakes I make today can be made right tomorrow.
Because of Him I will never be alone in my trials.

The list can go on and on. I am so grateful to my Savior for His sacrifice he made for everyone. Today in church we had an awesome reminder of his loving sacrifice. One thing that struck me today was the fact that he was nearly alone in hours of agony and suffering. And he did it so that none of us would ever feel that way. He knows EXACTLY how I feel. It's such a wonderful thing.

No comments: