Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Big K

I'm officially a mother of a Kindergartner. It's kinda cool! Several people have asked me if I am emotionally OK with it? I hear that a bunch of moms cried when their first one went off the Kindergarten. Maybe something is wrong with me, but I didn't. He's so excited about the whole thing I can't help but be excited with him.
 
Yesterday was the first day of school, but Kindergarten technically doesn't start until Thursday. So maybe that's part of the reason I'm not feeling super emotional about the whole situation (even though that isn't really my personality). Ryker will be attending Bountiful Elementary this year. His teacher is Miss Wilkinson. She's brand new to the school. So it'll be good. She seems very sweet. I'm sure Ryker will love her. He thinks the world of everyone.


First things first... The Flag Ceremony!  It's pretty cool that Ryker knows the pledge of allegiance (Thanks to his preschool teacher, Miss Eggett). He quoted it word for word.
 After the flag ceremony, the Kindergartners got to meet their teacher and explore the classroom. While he was doing that I was signing up for the time he'd do his Kindergarten Testing and days that I can volunteer in the classroom. I signed him up to do his testing Tuesday. Then Wednesday he doesn't have school. So the first few days are quite the cake walk. He's eager to go on Thursday.
We are excited about this coming year. It'll be fun to learn and grow with him. I'm so proud of him! He's such a sweet boy!

No comments: