Tuesday, April 17, 2012

St;. George Trip Day 2 (Fri)

Friday morning we all get up for breakfast. I was in charge of food this day, so Omelets, hash browns and fruit were on the menu. What a yummy way to start the day. I have been obsessed with omelets lately. It took me awhile to master it, but now I can whip up a pretty dang good omelet.

After breakfast we all got dressed and Chantel and I realize we have the same clothes. We know we are sisters when we buy the same t-shirts and jeans, let alone pack them for the same trip. Haha.

 The plan for the day was to hike through Snow Canyon and the caves. So thankfully the weather (once again) held up for us. It was overcast, but hey we'll take it. No fun hiking in the rain. Just a light jacket will do the trick for an overcast day.

We started out on the Petrified Sand Dunes trying to find the caves. (We later found out that we were in the wrong spot, but me and the others didn't mind exploring the dunes).

 We hiked around for a bit until we found a place to eat. As we are getting all settled I suggested that we should say a blessing on the food. So I hurry and say a quick prayer on the food and as soon as I say AMEN, Ryker inserted his two sense on the tail end of my prayer..."and thank you for that I am coming more perfect."

Oh my heck... it took everything we has in us NOT to laugh at him. But it was SO cute and funny. I hurried and jotted what he said on my phone so I wouldn't for get what he said.

This was the occasional smile from Cy. The poor thing was sick of being strapped in something. He was either in the car seat, the backpack or the bike trailer. I felt so bad for him. All he wanted to do was crawl around on the ground.
 The opening of the first cave we went into. (The opening is off the to right in the picture)
 It was really dusty inside so every picture I took it looked all spotted like this one.
 Mom was all prepared and bought each one of us a head lamp. Ryker thought they were the coolest. He was acting like he was going on a secret mission to explore the cave. It was cute.
 Here we are standing next to the opening of the 2nd cave. This cave was much bigger than the last one...
 ...and a little more tricky to get down inside...
 ...but we made it. Mom stayed back with Cy because we didn't think Jesse and Cy together could fit through the smaller crawl spaces.
 When we got to the end of the cave there was a big opening. There was a large group of people in there already and they were opening glow sticks and splashing them all over the place and even on themselves. We sat off to the side just watching with our lights off. It looked like we were in the middle of a small galaxy. When they were done spreading the glow, they then started a game of hide and seek. The kids would spread up against the wall and because they had the glow stuff splattered on them they blended right into the wall. Brilliant! Why didn't we think of this? Next time for sure!

Jesse and Dad decided to go back and get Mom and Cy. So while Ty, Chan, Ryker and I were waiting for them to come back, the four of us watched the glow stick group and took a few snap shots.
 Once we got out of the cave we let Cy crawl around for a bit before we put him back in the backpack. I swear he would have been content on those rocks for a really long time.
 Ryker was getting tired from hiking, so the last stretch I carried him on my shoulders. Of course I thought it would be a great photo opportunity.
When we got back to the car Jesse checked his phone for an email from South Jordon's Fire Department. He was told that he'd know if he passed by 5pm. He reads the email and it says they didn't get the test results back yet. UGH! He was so bugged. It's hard waiting, but then to get then email that says he had to wait even longer.... MADDENING!!!

Our next stop was the St George narrows. By this point we were all just pooped, so it was nice that the Narrow part was really short.
 Some parts were really narrow that Tyson and Jesse had to get really low to even get through. This made me really want to me in Moab.

My parents kept saying how awesome these places were (which they were) it just was a small glimps of Moab. So Jesse and I are determined to get my parents there. If they are impressed with this less of a mile narrows slot, they are going to be blown away by Moab.
 My sweet little boys...ready and posing for the camera.
 By this point Cy had been up for several hours without a nap, so on our way back to the condo he was kinda grumpy. BUT I figured out that he liked my phone while I had the music playing. After a few minutes he started putting the phone to his ear and he made a sound that sounded like 'hello'. We were all getting a kick out of him doing it. Funny how they catch on so quickly.
Back at the Condo I made dinner and then we all agreed to play monopoly (not sure why?) haha Long story short, I was the first one out and Chantel smoked everyone.

No comments: