Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jazz vs. Maverick's Game

A very good client of mine asked me a few months back if I would like to trade for jazz tickets. Um HECK YES!!! So her ex-husband helped her hook us up with 7th row seats and VIP dinner tickets to the Jazz vs. Mavericks game last night!

I was excited for two reasons;
1. Jesse and I hadn't been on a date really since he was in Fire School. So now that he is done we were able to enjoy a perfect date together.
2. Jesse and I haven't ever been that close before so we were thrilled to get that experience.


Jesse was coming from work so before the game we decided to meet early and walk through the new City Creek Mall. AND...It's Awesome! One of a kind.
We first went to the VIP dinner. It was fancy and yummy.  And plus you can't beat a free meal right?

After that we ventured to find our seats. It's a crazy unknown feeling walking all the way down to the bottom. I think my smile got bigger and bigger the farther down we went... I felt so privileged.
 Look how close we were.
 Just simply enjoying ourselves. At half time we were able to go back down to the VIP room for nachos, popcorn, desserts and drinks. It made the 12 minute half time go by so much faster than normal. I swear at home it goes by so slowly. There was just enough time to speed walk down and back and we still were late.
The Mavericks were dirty players. #13 Delonte West put his finger in Gordon Hayward's ear and pushed him. Such poor sportsmanship. The crowd was so mad when this happened. I pulled this picture from the web because I didn't see it when it all happened. But honestly why would a player do that? The rest of the game every time West got the ball the whole crowd booed him so loud.

So the Jazz were leading the whole game right up until the end and we went into Over Time not just once, but THREE times! Talk about an intense game. Oh man! But the Jazz pulled it out at the end and the finished off the Mavericks. 123 to 121. Way to show them! 

At the beginning of the game I had the thought, since we are so close to the court it's gotta be easier to get on the Jumbo-tron. So the rest of the night it was my goal to get on that jumbo-tron.  So I'm jumping and dancing and screaming and doing everything I can to get noticed by the cameras and FINALLY in the third OT I made it on the JUMBO-TRON!!!! YES!!! I was so stoked (add that to my bucket check list, haha)!



VICTORY Smiles! What a great game to be on the 7th row. I was so hoping for a good game since we were going to be that close. And hey all my expectations were fulfilled.
It was so awesome to be with Jesse and be just the two of us. My mom was so kind to let the boys spend the night over at her place. That way Jesse and I could just BE us! It has been months. I'm looking forward to more future dates together. YEAH!
_________________________

A little update about Jesse: He got an email today from South Jordon Fire Department telling him that he passed his test and that he has been considered for an interview. His interview is Thursday at 10am. So until then... Wish him luck!!!  

No comments: