Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The past two weeks

Just to give you a little update about Cy. About two or three days after he had been diagnosed with Fifth Disease the rash cleared up and Cy started to act more like himself. For about a week he was acting happy. As a matter of fact Jesse and I commented on Sunday that we were happy that Cy was all better. Well we spoke to soon. Monday morning he woke up with the yucky cough. Jesse and I were both thinking "Where on earth did that come from?" Well as the morning progressed on I noticed that Cy was very unhappy and his breathing was Weezy. I called the pediatrician and made an appointment for him to check on Cy.

Lets pause there for a minute. I wanted to show that Ryker and Cy both have upgraded carseats. This really shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm just totally shocked that Ryker can be in a booster seat now. He totally loves it! When I bought it he was SOOO excited. He kept telling me 'Mom, Thanks so much for buying this for me."


 Now since Ryker no longer is in the forward facing carseat, Cy then got to move into it. I was so grateful that Ryker was big enough to be in a booster because then I didn't have to have two forward facing carseats. And a booster seat is MUCH cheaper. So It's a WIN-WIN in my book. It's cute to see Cy get all excited as we start to drive down the street. I think he's happy that he gets to look at out window instead of the back of the car.
 I thought this was cute. They seriously love each other. These two are going to be inseparable as they grow up.
 Ok, going back to Cy. So yesterday Jesse got done with work early. So he was able to take Cyrus to his doctor's appointment while Ryker and I went to Hogle Zoo with my friend Harmoni and her son Parker. (Parker has helped with the boys a few times, so Ryker and him are good buds).

The day was sunny and bright, but a bit chilly. It's been so strangely warm for this time of year, so I haven't liked when it drops to normal temperatures for April.
 I have a picture of Ryker and I on these Tigers when he is not even a year old yet. I'll have to do a comparison one of these days. But we are sitting in the exact position. I hadn't thought of that when we were taking the picture.

Ryker has got the cheesiest grin. It cracks me up. He sees that camera and slaps on that smile without even thinking.
 Parker and Ryker were two peas in a pod that day. Ryker thoroughly enjoyed having Parker around and Parker was so accommodating to Ryker's busy attitude.
 Meet Eli the Chimp. He would go from window to window with his folded arms propped up on the seal and just stare.
 After we saw all the animals we bought tickets to go on the "EXCITING"  train ride (sarcasm added). Ryker enjoys it so much I just can't say no. It's like a 2 minute ride...if that. But it's not about us adults, it's about the kids. So my $3 was happily enjoyed by ryker.

Ok funny story. After the train ride we went over to the DiscoveryLand (aka... The Park). Parker and Ryker were playing on the slide while Harmoni and I are sitting talking on the bench. Next thing I know Harmoni starts laughing and says that Ryker was PEEING!!! Yup! PEEING... On the playground. Pants all the way down. Not ashamed one bit! I notice the children and adults around him start backing away and looking around, probably thinking 'Where is this kid's mother?'

So I wait a little while (feeling a little embarrassed) until he pulls his pants back up and starts playing again. I then go over to and tell him it's time to go and that he must pee in the toilet. As we are leaving I can feel every adult staring at us. I guess telling him it was OK to pee in our backyard back fired.

As we were leaving I get a phone call from Jesse. He tells me that Cy has been diagnosed with  Croup! Good Grief! What else is this kid going to get? The poor thing isn't starting his second year of life out very well. I can only hope and pray that this will be the last of it. But it may not be!

Reason I say that is because I noticed today that Ryker's eyes were goopy and kinda red. Well by tonight they didn't look much better. Progressively worse. So I'm thinking he's got Pink Eye! He said to me "My eyes are Spricy. I can't close them all day." Hearing that made me want to laugh cuz it's such a cute way to describe how he's feeling, but sad at the same time. "Spricy" is his word for spicy. So if that's the case hopefully Cy won't get that as well.

So I'll probably be taking him to the doctor tomorrow. My boys are making me single handedly pay for Dr Reese's home.

I pray that the next post won't be about ANY sickness!

Oh as another side note...Jesse finished Fire Academy tonight! YEAH!!! He also made the internship for the next class going through. So that will be good on his resume as he starts to apply for Fire Departments.

South Jordon is having their first hiring test on April 9 (this coming Monday), so fingers crossed that he will do well. And also Salt Lake City is having theirs sometime in May. So two good possibilities for future jobs.

No comments: