Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sister/Seattle Trip

Sat Jan 22, Alexa and I ventured to Seattle, WA to visit our other sister, Amanda. Her and her husband, Jon, just moved there at the first of December. And I being 8 months pregnant, thought this would be the perfect time to visit her before I have this baby.

At first it was just me flying up there, but last minute Alexa got the weekend off and we were able to fly together. I'm so happy that she did, because I wasn't really looking forward to flying alone. It's just stinky. So thank you Lex.

Our flight had a 3 hour layover in Long Beach, CA. Lex and I were rather hungry and 1) didn't want to sit in the tiny airport for 3 hours, and 2) we didn't want to spend $20 on airport food. So we decided lets kill some time and walk around Long Beach and see what we can find for food. Well I looked up some food places that were around on my phone, and the closest was a Starbucks that was about a mile and a half a way. We thought we'd try that and hope for a good bagel or something there.

After a LONG and HOT walk we made it to our destination. But what made it even better was that DENNY'S was right next door to Starbucks. Oh how happy we were because it didn't come up on my phone, so it was like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. It totally hit the spot for our tummies and for our wallets. We walked just about 3 miles round trip. Goes to show what Lex and I will do for food.


Once we arrived in Seattle, Manda picked us up and we drove to her apartment on Mercer Island. And all we wanted to do was chat as sisters and get caught up on life. Nothin' Better.
Sunday, Lex and I went to the Mercer Island Ward. It was the smallest ward I have ever been to, but everyone there was super nice, welcoming, and had strong testimonies. .They were all really happy to see new faces. They kept teasing us to stay in the ward.
The rest of the day was spent just hangin' around the apartment. Poor Lex wasn't feeling so good that she pretty much crashed on the couch the rest of the day. She only got up to eat some dinner, and throw up a couple of times. I think out of the 24 hour day she was awake for maybe 6 hours of it.
While Lex was snoozing, I played Beauty Parlor in the kitchen...coloring Manda's hair, and cutting Jon's. They were both in desperate need, so I was glad I could lend a helping beauty hand.
Monday, while Jon was at work, we went out into the city. Manda first took us to the mall, then to our favorite restaurant...Olive Garden, Mmmmm. We always like to go together when we can. For some reason being together we enjoy our meal so much more. I think it's because the three of us love it so much.
After that, and with the help of GPS on my phone, we drove to Pike's Street and walked around Pike's Market. There were tons of fresh produce, flowers, and fish. And so many things for sell that people had made. (I'm not really sure why I didn't take pictures, Sorry).Once we saw what we wanted to see there, we drove past the Seattle Space Needle. We thought we would save going up to elevator for another time. So i just took pictures as we drove past it.
After our little downtown adventure, we went back to the apartment and made some dinner, ate, chatted, played some Wii, and watched a movie till we all fell asleep on the couch.

Tuesday morning, Jan 25th, Lex and I were dropped off at the airport to return home. We were trying to talk Manda into flying home with us...but she has her ties there with Jon and their dog Tok. Understandable. But thankfully they are coming to visit once this baby comes. So the count down is on... for the baby and for Manda and Jon's arrival.
Even though this was a fast and furious little trip, I much enjoyed being with my sisters and not having a care in the world. I needed a little time to myself before I devote it all to a newborn.
I love my sisters so so much, I really don't know how I could function without them. They are rocks in my life.

1 comment:

Courtney M. Hutchings said...

So glad you had fun :) Sisters are the best, and you are all so beautiful!