Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Birthday/New Years

The big 2-5! Back in high school someone who was 25 seemed so much older to me, but now that I am 25 I really don't feel like I'm any older than when I was in high school. Weird how that happens.

On my actual birthday (Dec 29) Jesse and I had the night together to go to dinner and a movie of my choice. The plan was to go downtown to the Megaplex in the Gateway Mall and see The Tourist after eating at Biaggis. But it had started to snow really bad about an hour before we were going to leave. Pulling out of our driveway we slid right into the curb. So we thought it would be best to stay in Bountiful and avoid the freeway at all cost.

So dinner plans went from Italian to Steak! Texas Road House! After which we went to the newly remodeled Bountiful theater. Unfortunately they weren't showing The Tourist at that theater, so we settled for Gulliver's Travels....I highly recommend NOT seeing this show unless you are 5. I have never sat through a movie where I have wanted to end faster. Luckily the night before Jesse and I were able to go see the new Harry Potter Movie. That following Saturday (Jan 1), we went out, for what is going on now as a 3 year tradition, sledding on New Years Day with Jesse's Family. It kinda blows my mind that this is Ryker's 3rd year going sledding as well. It seems like yesterday he was just a tiny baby.

I being pregnant was more of the photographer rather than a sledder. But next year I'll get to join in the fun again.
Ryker seemed so grown up to me. He went down the hill all by himself over and over and over again. I think if we would have let him he would have gone till it was dark. He was having the time of his life. Even though I wasn't sledding I was thoroughly enjoying him having so much fun. I just thought he looked so cute going down on the tube all by himself.
After a couple of hours sledding, we called it a day and head back home for dinner. Once we got in the car we took off our snow gear. Ryker's hair was all crazy from his hat. He thought it was funny when I showed him what he looked like after I took the picture. It almost looks like he has curly hair.

After a yummy dinner, joined by the missionaries we had my favorite cake...German Chocolate. Heidi made the frosting from scratch. It was so delightful. After which, I was able to open some birthday gifts. Andrew and Emily gave me a scarf and a gift card. They called it a now and later gift. I can use the gift card to buy skinny clothes, once I have this baby. Mike and Heidi were so thoughtful and had my blog printed up to two books. 2008 and 2009. I love it because now I everything all down on paper.

The next day (Sunday) we got together with my family to continue the birthday celebration. My Birth-DAY turned into a Birth-WEEK this year. My parents gave me an awesome huge steamer, Jon and Amanda gave me a target gift card, Tyson gave me a large crock-pot, Alexa-gift certificate to Charlotte Russe, Chan-Skull Candy ear buds with an I-tunes card, and my grandparents gave me money!


Another German Chocolate Cake... still my fave! Check out the candles...my mom didn't have 25 candles, so she clumped 2 together and 5 together to make 25. Clever!
When I was ready to blow my candles out, Ryker actually blew out half of them for me. He'll do really well when it comes to be his birthday in Feb.
My birthday was fun this year... I cant wait to spend all my gift cards. Thank you to everyone who made me feel special and is always there for me. Love you all!

2010 has been a good year... Bring on 2011!

5 comments:

Courtney M. Hutchings said...

Love your mom's candle idea!
I remember making a cake for B's 25th birthday and thinking we was so old, cause I was only 20, and now I will be 25 in June. So crazy how that works!! We are getting older but will always be young inside!!

Courtney M. Hutchings said...

oops I mean *he* was so old...

Ilez said...

Glad to hear you had a great birthday--week

Unknown said...

gc are really the best while your pregnant then you get to shop later.. lucky girl! glad you had a happy birthday! well besides the crappy movie.

Kels said...

Glad you had such a fun time!!