Sunday, July 5, 2015

Desk Dilemma

Moving in we were without a desk. Reason being was because Jesse had built the desk to be a part of the kitchen. It was removable, but with a concrete countertop on it there was NO moving it without an entire crew. So we left it.
 
In this new house we want to do a similar thing with the kitchen. So knowing that we were going to building a desk at some point, we didn't want to spend alot of money on a brand new one. So we started to look on ksl.com. After awhile we got distracted from it by talking about the master bedroom/bathroom remodel.
 
Well one day I came home from work to this desk.....
 
 ...Eek. Jesse bought it because it was cheap($40) and we needed a desk. Which I understand. But as it sat there the more and more I grew to loath this desk. I didn't even know how to make it cute. So I did something that I was scared he would kill me for.

While he was working on Tuesday I searched on ksl.com for another desk. And I put the ugly one on there to sell for $25. I got now bites from it. So I put it on there for free, hoping someone would come and pick it up for me so I wouldn't have to worry about hauling it out of the house myself. Still no luck. It was THAT ugly. Nobody wanted it for FREE.

So I took matters into my own hands and I got the desk onto the dolley and outside to the truck. Then I asked our next door neighbor, Steve to get it on the truck for me. And he graciously did. YAY!!! Then off to the DI I went.

Such a relief when that thing was gone.

That night I went out to Draper to pick up this desk...
So much better right?

Mike and Heidi met me there and helped get it onto the truck and into my house.

Here's the kicker though.... This desk and bookshelf are practically brand new. The seller, Pete (who was such a nice guy) said they hardly used it and they just needed to get it out of their house because they were moving. So get this I got both of these for $50!!!! Yup. That's right. I did good.

After getting in the house I stayed up to get everything unpacked and into it's place. So when Jesse got home he could see it all set up.

I actually ended up sending him a picture and talking about it with him on the phone that night. I thought he would be so mad. BUT he wasn't. Especially when I told him how much I got both the desk and bookshelf for. He was a little annoyed by it, but said he was happy because I was happy. Phew, I was relieved. I felt bad going behind his back and doing such a sneaky thing. But in the end it all worked out so great. I'm very happy with the desk.

Now our little breakfast nook table is in the large dining area. We put the desk in the area where the table was. So our next thing we'll need to get is a big dining table.

I'll have to post pictures of our bedroom too. It's coming along. Slower than I'd hoped. But the rough in has been so much work for Jesse. I'm hoping once all of that is done we can make some large leaps in progress. I so badly want it done before this baby comes.

This last week we decided to move our stuff out of the bedroom and into the basement. Still living out of boxes. Suitcases and/or clean laundry baskets. It'll be nice to have a closet.

No comments: