Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July {2015}

It's middle of summer and it is hot, hot, HOT! Just in time for the 4th of July. And being 33 weeks pregnant. The boys really wanted to go to the fireworks at Englewood Golf Course Friday the 3rd. Then I had plans of going to the Centerville Parade, swimming and the drive-in movie on the 4th. But when it came down to it I couldn't stay up late for the fireworks and get up early for the parade. So I told the boys they had to choose either the fireworks or the parade. They both chose the parade. Which in the end I was happy about.
 
Biggest bummer about the 4th this year was Jesse was scheduled to work that day. Boo! But thankfully he's off on the 24th.
 
The boys and I met up with my friend Harmoni and walked over the to the beginning of the parade. And man was it hot. I think I had a nice layer of sweat on me by the time we made it to the start of the parade. Then by that time we got to sit in the sun and jut melt. I laugh because thousands and thousands of people are there for the parade voluntarily torturing themselves in such heat.
 
Of course the boys done seem to mind at all. They were happy to gather up all the candy being thrown at them.  
They also got free sunglasses. Which I'm not even sure where they ended up by the end of the day. But they were useful while we were at the parade.

 I love this picture of us together, I just wish Jesse could have been there with us. But we should be grateful that he was off saving lives. And putting out fires that people had started from fireworks.

After the parade was over I headed to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for the day. My friend Harmonic actually invited us over to her parents house for breakfast, but I had to decline because I had other plans with the Smith's. If there would have been more time in the day I totally would have stayed.

Once I got home with the groceries, I packed up the truck with everything we would need for the rest of the day. Snacks, water, food, swimming suits, towels, change of clothes and bedding for the bed of the truck during the drive-in.

And then we were off. We arrived at Mike and Heidi's around noon and we all ate lunch. Then we headed off to the Crestwood pool near their house.

Once we were settled, I had to get a picture with Emily and her baby bump. These babies are due a day apart. Crazy huh? Its going to be fun watching these cousins grow up together. Especially since she is having a girl. It'll be interesting to see how she interacts with all these boys around.
 At this pool they blow the whistle every hour-ish to make everyone get out for about 5 minutes. Dad caught this picture as we were all sitting on the edge waiting to get back in.
 K, really proud of Ryker for this. Last year he was super nervous to jump off the high dive. He wouldn't even do it. Not even if we bribed him with money. But this year he did it without any hesitation. Again and again and again. Its so great to see him progress and gain my confidence in himself.
 And Cy is just fearless. I don't now very many 4 year olds that'll jump off the diving board into deep water and swim to the side. He's better when he rolls onto his back, but he seems to insist on doing it on his belly.
 After 3 hours of play we got kicked out. Not because we were in trouble, but because the pool was closing early. It was so nice to play in the water to get cooled down from the 100 degree weather.
 Back at home we ate dinner and watched the weather start to turn. It got windy and cloudy. We started to worry that it was going to rain. So we started second guessing if we should go to the drive-in.  So as the night went on we watched to see if we should chance it.

In the meantime, Heidi got some Sparklers out for the boys to play with. Not as exciting if it were dark out, but they didn't care.
 The wind seemed to calm down and I decided to take the chance and go to the movie. I popped 6 bags of popcorn for us all to share and we took off.

We got all set up and ready for the movie.  I love having the truck, for this reason. I brought a blow up mattress, a sheet a bunch of blankets and pillows. We were really cozy,


 Sterling and Cyrus are such buddies. They were all cozy together.

 Our whole gang. Photo credit goes to Heidi though. It's too bad she couldn't be in the picture with us.

 
After the movie was over we all headed home. We were all too tired to stay for the second one. The boys fell asleep within minutes of the drive home. I would have too if I wasn't the driver.
 
I made it home safely and got the truck unloaded and the boys in their beds. As I got myself into bed I couldn't help but feel like we had the best day. Oh and grateful we had 1;00pm church the next day.
 
Also, I feel blessed to call America my home. It's truly a blessed nation.






No comments: