Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It's not over yet.

4th of July was over, but our little Stay-cation wasn't. Sunday was a good rest day and Monday was the usual clean up the house and run to the grocery store, swimming lessons and gymnastics kind of day.
 
That night though Chantel came over around 5:00pm to watch the boys so Jesse and I could go on a bike ride. I hadn't been on my bike since the relay and it was killing me to get out and ride. But since it was SO hot, we decided we better go Mountain biking instead where it would be cooler.
 
Jesse loves mountain biking and I love road biking. But I do enjoy changing things up and being more rounded. The thing with mountain biking is I can climb all day! No problem. I can actually keep up with Jesse on that part, maybe even go faster than him. But when it comes to downhill I turn into the biggest GIRL. Not going to lie, it freaks me out quite a bit to go down hill.
 
Jesse on the other hand LOVES it and is REALLY good at it. It's quite impressive. So I start to feel bad that he goes down a ways and then waits for me to catch up. Then goes again, then waits. He's being nice because he doesn't want to go too far ahead just in case I get hurt or something. But I feel bad holding him back.
 
Anyway, besides my downhill chicken-ness we had the best time together. I love that we can do these sorts of things together. 
 We made it home around 8:00pm and it was a rush from that point to get ready because we were taking the boys to the drive in theater that night. YAY!!!! So I packed up some dinner in the cooler, popped a bunch of popcorn and put it in a big paper bag.

We grabbed the blowup mattress, bunch of pillows and blankets so we could be all cozy in the bed of the truck.

I don't know who was more excited about this, me or the boys. I was loving the fact that we had a truck and that the boys were getting old enough that we could do things like this.
 I snapped this picture right as the movie screen turned on. They were in such awe by it. Haha. I was just loving it.
 I was seriously loving this moment with my little family. I mean look at the boys faces? Cy is in hog heaven with his big bag of popcorn. Ryker was thrilled with the fact that he got to have all three of his blankets with him.
Memory Making Moments is what this is called! I can't wait to do this again!

No comments: