Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Bountiful Tri


About 2 months ago some girls from the salon signed up to race in the Bountiful Triathlon. They asked me to do it with them, but I already had clients booked that morning.
 
As it got closer one of the girls (Jessica) found out she was pregnant. So she no longer felt like she should participate in the race. :( She was really bummed about it.
 
I was trying to get Jesse to take Jessica's entry. But he couldn't get work off.
 
 
Then like 2 weeks before the race my first client scheduled on the day of the race had to reschedule her appointment to another day. So that opened up my morning and I decided I would race in place of Jessica. :)
 
So I was excited to have a little race to prep me a little more for the SpudMan Triathlon I'm doing on July 26.
 
That morning I set my stuff up. It was a little weird not having Jesse there or someone from the Top Gear team. But I was nice that I had this opportunity to race. I do love it so much!
 
This tri was a reverse one. So 3.2 miles run, 11 miles bike and 350m swim. I had never done it in that order before. I didn't know what to expect, but I did know that I would just do my very best!

I started out with the first wave of runners. I knew I could keep a good pace, but I know I wasn't the fastest runner. And that's ok, I just thought I would start out with a steady pace so I wouldn't die out in the end.

It was so freaking HOT that by the end of the run I was so ready to be on my bike. So when I got on it I was just thrilled and wanted to ride fast. The wind felt so good.

I had past a few girls on the bike ride, but I just wanted to continue with a good pace. I was loving the bike ride.

I am almost to the transition area when I hear someone yell to me "You're the first girl"

What? Really? How is that possible?

So I transitioned as fast as I could into the swimming, ran to the pool and dove in. Which I wish I wouldn't have done because it broke the seal on my goggles so there was water filling up on them. And since I'm too competitive to stop and fix them. So I just swam with water in my goggles. It wasn't my best swim, but I did it.

I got out and saw my time up on the screen and it was 1:07: 37.

As I'm trying to catch my breath I see two more girls come out of the pool and they come up to me and say...."This is it. We are podium".

It wasn't until that moment that I realized that I had just taken first OVERALL in the females! Say what?

Still I had to check the print out to see for certain. And here it is! FIRST OVERALL!!

I definetly didn't expect for that to happen! (left to right: 1st, 2nd, 3rd)
I still can't believe that I did it. Even days later as I think about it I'm shocked at myself. Did I really do that? Holy Freak!

It's exciting at the same time! It makes me feel so grateful for my health and fitness. It also gives me the motivation to be better and try harder.
 
With SpudMan coming up this will be a great way to carry me into it. I'm anxious and excited for SpudMan. It'll be my first Olympic Distance so my goal is to just finish! It'll be a great one to start out with! 

No comments: