Saturday, September 7, 2013

Labor Day Tri

Labor Day Morning I was able to go to one last Tri for the season. I was excited because this was the first race this summer that the entire Top Gear Team would be participating! From left to right...Jeff Lewis, Austin (Son of Timalee and Rolynn. This was his first Tri. He's not on the team, but he got to wear his dad's Iron Man Jersey so he looked pretty legit haha), Rolynn, Timalee, Sarah (she still needs to get a Top Gear Jersey), Ryan and myself. This group of people have brought me under their wing like I've been friends with them for years. I've really enjoyed being with them. They are all so cool and awesome! 
 Chicca picture! Getting our transition area all set up.
 I went into this race with one goal. To beat my time from May (which was 1 hour and 16 minutes)! I did this exact same course for my very first Tri (The Splash N Sprint) and all I wanted to do was go out there strong and create a new P.R. for myself. The whole race I was feeling strong but not exactly sure of my time because I got stopped to wait for a train! AHHH FOR THE LOVE! But when I found out they'd take the time I sat waiting for the train to pass off of my overall time, then I looked at it like a free break. haha. Comparing this race to the first one I did back in May, I felt stronger throughout the entire thing and was able to finish strong.
When the results were up I found my name in the age division on the paper. My time said 1:14:...Putting me in 1st place in my age division! Woot Woot! Every Tri I have done this summer I have placed either 2nd or 3rd. Which is fantastic. But that 1st place sure sounded good. What a great way to finish out the season!
 
I hung around to get my lunch box award. Haha. I think they were going with the "Labor" Day theme. Everybody got a finishing medal so they give out something for the people who placed in their age division. The funniest part is the men and women who placed overall received sledge hammers. Haha it makes me laugh!
 
Anyway, when I saw my time on the paper I thought that they had already adjusted my time being behind the train. But when they called my name and announced my  name and time they said 1:12:55. Ah! Even better.

Oh wait... it gets better. A few days later when I was looking online to see my results better. I found  my time to be even faster than they'd announced! Say What? I shaved off almost 5 minutes from my very first Tri. 
This is my dear friend Hillary who I  met in Hair School. Over the years we have stayed in contact by going to lunch once a month. After my first Tri I told her all about it and how much I loved it. She told me it inspired her to do one and so she signed up. I'm so proud of her! And I'm so glad I could be there to see her finish and cheer her on! 
This summer has been fantastic. I'm sad to see it come to an end.  I love that I have been blessed to be on this team. It's given me great opportunities that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to do. With all the craziness of Jesse's work and schooling, these opportunities couldn't have come at a better time. It's given me something to do for myself so I can stay strong for my Man and my two energetic boys!

No comments: