Monday, January 21, 2019

Martin Luther King Day Sledding

We spent the whole morning getting things all picked up around the house, and I did some grocery shopping as well. The boys didn't have school because of the holiday and I wanted to take them to do an activity in the late afternoon. In my head I was thinking of a trampoline park or something like that. Well at the last minute my friend Jenny Noall text me with a picture of her truck all packed packed up with tubes, inviting us to go with her. We jumped on the invitation. Especially since it had snowed like crazy that whole day. So there was a ton of fresh snow. 

We met her over at  Eagle Ridge Golf Course. 


 We honestly had the best time making train out of the tubes. We went over and over again. I laughed the whole way down.

When we got to the bottom there was a lady that came up to us and said she got some pictures of us. She wanted to text them to us. What a thoughtful thing to do.

 You can't even see Ryker but he's under all those tubes trying to take them up all back up the hill by himself.



 Ryker and Fynn had a great time. Cyrus had spent 4 hours whining about getting his chores done, that he never got them done, so he wasn't able to join us. I was really sad that I had to follow through with this. Least favorite part of parenting is when I have to follow through with the punishments and consequences.

We were also dog-sitting for Heidi's friend. This Goldendoodle has won my heart over to having a dog. He's the sweetest most tender dog I've ever been around. I need him in my life. I even started to look around for what it would take to get a dog like this. I don't know when the right timing will be but I feel like we need a dog in our family. Not sure when, but it'll happen.

No comments: